The online racing simulator
How to download/upload DCON files with lfs.net hosting?
I don't get it. In the Hosts page I can only access replays and layouts. How do I download or view host log file of my server? How do I upload /tracks X.txt file? FTP maybe?
Hi, the host log file can be seen in the Activity tab. Though it's not available for download.

The allowed tracks feature isn't implemented, but I'll have a look at that. You wouldn't have to upload a file -there is no ftp access- but you could set it on the Basic settings tab.
Quote from Victor :Hi, the host log file can be seen in the Activity tab. Though it's not available for download.

Unfortunately, the Virtual console doesn't show the whole log file but only last 2000 lines which is really not enough considering a mere user connection info takes up over 20 lines.
Quote from Victor :The allowed tracks feature isn't implemented, but I'll have a look at that. You wouldn't have to upload a file -there is no ftp access- but you could set it on the Basic settings tab.

Sounds good Smile
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :Unfortunately, the Virtual console doesn't show the whole log file but only last 2000 lines which is really not enough considering a mere user connection info takes up over 20 lines.

May I ask what you're looking for, with regards to the logs? Then we may be able to come up with a suitable solution.
Well, yesterday I needed an exact time of "InSim guest closed" event but that was purely because of me being the worst programmer on the planet and not catching errors properly in my InSim app. So having the log was just a convenience. I can't really think of a good reason for you to give us access to the whole log.. Maybe we don't really need it but I think it's nice for admins to have the log so they can check what was going on on the server whenever something goes wrong. I don't know.. Shrug

By the way, executing the "/hlog X.txt" command stops the Virtual console from showing messages. Maybe that command can go if we won't have access to the file Smile

Edit: However at least a log for when the host was started/stopped and maybe by who would be nice Smile
The "allowed tracks" feature has been added to the hosting panel now.

I'll have a think about the log file. I know some others would also like to have better insight into it, so maybe there must be a simple download feature, or a better way to scroll / search through the whole thing online. Will have to come back to that a bit later as I have a few other prios to focus on first.

Thanks for the note about the log command - I think we should remove it, indeed.
Quote from Victor :The "allowed tracks" feature has been added to the hosting panel now.

Thank you very much. Can you also add open configurations to the list of tracks please?
Yup, that's added. Also you can now update allowed tracks without having to stop the host.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG