The online racing simulator
Can I remove the /o command from dedicated server?
[EDIT : this command has now been removed from dedicated servers - thanks for the feedback]

I just wanted to check if the /o command has any use on the dedicated server, before I remove it.

It sends an IS_MSO with UserType MSO_O which is documented as "hidden message typed on local pc"

I would only remove it from dedicated servers - it would still work on client LFS.
In my 10 year LFS Cruise dev "career", I haven't used this command even once... We usually have !a/!c/!m/!pm/!anything which is also hidden, and since all commands use ! as a prefix its easier to remember and type for users.

P.S. what is the correct thread for InSim (the InSim system itself, not apps that use insim) requests? I have a few suggestions that could be useful especially for Cruise, but also some other modes too.
Never used the /o command myself, so you may remove the command from the dedicated servers.
Can't think of a reason to use it on a dedi server - I think it would only be possible to do by typing into the console?
I suppose it could be used to allow two different insim apps to communicate, but there are other, probably better, ways to do that.

Quote from xspeedasx :In my 10 year LFS Cruise dev "career", I haven't used this command even once... We usually have !a/!c/!m/!pm/!anything which is also hidden, and since all commands use ! as a prefix its easier to remember and type for users.

Guests would use /i for that anyway - /o only works on the local LFS
A bit off-topic, but having something to send hidden messages between a host's insim and a client's insim (and vice versa) would be awesome.
#6 - Racon
I only use /o on local insims Thumbs up
OK, thank you for the feedback. It's gone in W54 Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG