The online racing simulator
FORM07 - Little RR racing cars
Hello, im making my first mod for LFS, it was an old mod i started in 2007 for another simulation but never ended, since i didnt like that sim so much. Now with this fresh air in LFS i knew it was the moment to get it going again.

The list of things i´ve done already:
-Full exterior 3D model
-Full interior 3D model
-Materials and textures complete
-Custom skins
-Driver Animations works
-Gauges work

The list of things done by Pela667 (Physics guy):
-Weight
-Masses
-Custom suspension following inspiration car geometry
-Custom engine complete following inspiration car values
-Custom gearbox following inspiration values

Todo list:
-Mirrors
-Brake Lights
-Brake rotors
-Brake calipers
-LODS
-3D engine model Mapping

Hope you like the idea and enjoy it once it be ready! feedback is welcome!
Attached images
lfs_00000033.jpg
lfs_00000039.jpg
lfs_00000035.jpg
lfs_00000046.jpg
lfs_00000037.jpg
lfs_00000048.jpg
lfs_00000049.jpg
i think MSD need to remove, but good mod!
Heart
Wow this looks soo fun! Power to weight ratio?
Big grin Super cool
Thumbs up
That is a cute little car! Nice details in the cockpit.

The RPM-gauge is partly covered by the steering wheel, especially at the important area near the red line.
Maybe rotate it or move it around a bit?

The openend engine hatch for cooling is a nice touch. (Like on NSU Prinz.) Does that work okay with the collision model? Also perhaps have it as option how far it is openend. (like the roof/cabrio setting of some LFS cars) Might make it look more varied if there is a grid of cars.
Quote from scania :i think MSD need to remove, but good mod!

Great advice, i followed your advice, tnx!

Quote from martin18 :Wow this looks soo fun! Power to weight ratio?

This little car have around 120hp and 690kg, very fun to drive.

Quote from MandulAA :Great progress, looking forward to what it's like in terms of handling!

(this reminded me of the Mini Classic RX cars from Dirt Rally Big grin https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/cmr/images/b/b3/DirtRally_MiniRX_Lydden_3.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20190717145607 )

The car has been made inspired in a racing class here in Argentina called Formula07 wich include some little road racing cars.

Quote from Gutholz :That is a cute little car! Nice details in the cockpit.

The RPM-gauge is partly covered by the steering wheel, especially at the important area near the red line.
Maybe rotate it or move it around a bit?

The openend engine hatch for cooling is a nice touch. (Like on NSU Prinz.) Does that work okay with the collision model? Also perhaps have it as option how far it is openend. (like the roof/cabrio setting of some LFS cars) Might make it look more varied if there is a grid of cars.

Both are great ideas, i ll for sure rotate the RPM, tnx for the advice!
The engine hatch open must be there but i ll try something i seen in the rear class!
Following the advice you made and some other stuff, did some progress on this mod.

-Working Mirrors
-Working Lights
-Working Shift Light
-Brake rotors and Calipers
-New Skin
-Updated existing skin
-3D engine mapping complete

If someone can help me, i would like to allow color sliders on the car body like original LFS cars, and i have no clue how to do it. tnx in advance.

Leave some screens
Attached images
1.jpg
6.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Wow soo detailed this will be a fun car to race! But can we another steering wheel please 🤣
Quote from fangio86 :If someone can help me, i would like to allow color sliders on the car body like original LFS cars, and i have no clue how to do it. tnx in advance.

To allow customisable colors, the mapping has to have a special prefix. Example:

M1_body
C1_front
C1_back
M2_roof
C2_wing

This will result in 2 customisable colour sliders.
Slider 1 will control the body, front and back.
Slider 2 will control the roof and wing.
M means "main", and C means "copy" - the C colours are in sync with the master colours.

More detailed explanation can be found in the Modeller guides - Customisable colours (that page is just a copy of Scawen's Modeller manual document).
Quote from Flame CZE :To allow customisable colors, the mapping has to have a special prefix. Example:

M1_body
C1_front
C1_back
M2_roof
C2_wing

This will result in 2 customisable colour sliders.
Slider 1 will control the body, front and back.
Slider 2 will control the roof and wing.
M means "main", and C means "copy" - the C colours are in sync with the master colours.

More detailed explanation can be found in the Modeller guides - Customisable colours (that page is just a copy of Scawen's Modeller manual document).

Your advice helped me alot, its working great now.

Thanks!
It's looking so good already Thumbs up
Mod progress updates

-LODS finished
-physics upgrade (aero and suspension)
-engine curve´s improvements

to-do:
-plates and window names.
-few more skins
-new steering wheel

Anyway we are going to updload it soon.
Attached images
Lod1.jpg
lod2.jpg
lod3.jpg
Really cool project!
Quote from ACCAkut :Really cool project!

Thanks mate, glad to see you here! (fan_rjs here)
Car mod has been submitted, ll be rdy for download soon i hope. Leave skin template here.

it is a PSD file.

hope you make some cool skins!
Attached files
F07_skin_template.rar - 8.1 MB - 266 views
I do not have Photoshop and opened the file with Irfanview.
Are the roof and sideview meant to overlap like this? Or maybe it is my software?
Attached images
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Quote from Gutholz :I do not have Photoshop and opened the file with Irfanview.
Are the roof and sideview meant to overlap like this? Or maybe it is my software?

You need Photoshop to open it properly, idk maybe gimp can work too but i'm not sure.

im guessing the part overlapping behind the side view is not mapped there but it wasn't also erased, guess we will see once this is released, looks cool Tongue

Quote from superlame :You need Photoshop to open it properly

... Big grin

Dont worries, they are not overlap. Some of the things you see there are from interior body others for outside, etc.
Anyway wireframe is one of many guidelines ive done for this skin template. They are only useful for the skin editing. You ll turn them off once you have your skin ready, this ll only help you to make good flow lines across the model.

It is only for PSD (photoshop).
Very minor glitch, can see through the car where it's highlighted.

Shame it only has open diff, it has no traction when turning right Frown
Quote from Flame CZE :Shame it only has open diff, it has no traction when turning right Frown

These cars only have open diff, and personally i see it as the fun part.

FORM07 - Little RR racing cars
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG