MINI MOTO
Vehicle mod: MINI MOTO
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/F6A4C2

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :50 cc Mini Moto

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Early development stages; 50cc mini moto

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Nice and kinda fun, but when you fall down, you fall through the ground and are retired.
Quote from detail :Nice and kinda fun, but when you fall down, you fall through the ground and are retired.

Will see if I can stop the falling through the ground
#4 - AEF
I don't understand the specs. In Italy these minimoto are 50cc 2-strokes, 14-15hp @14-15000rpm, one gear, and about 22Kg w/o liquids.
Obviously, centrifugal clutch and totally rigid suspension.
#5 - FIZ
Pls don't stop developing this.
It was a real surprise enjoying it!
Also thanks to Scawen 2-wheeled vehicles are more manageable at low speed.
The sound at the moment is probably the worst thing
That's funny, it needs to be a single cylinder though, 50cc inline 4 is a bit crazy
Quote from AEF :I don't understand the specs. In Italy these minimoto are 50cc 2-strokes, 14-15hp @14-15000rpm, one gear, and about 22Kg w/o liquids.
Obviously, centrifugal clutch and totally rigid suspension.

My mistake on the engine (I have now fixed that) I had not noticed the inline 4 anyways with those other specs there are some weird things that happen, especially at high speeds you get the snake where you eventually just crash if you don't lift the throttle, I have seen even scawen has posted:

I have some advice about bikes:

1) Rear suspension

I recommend the "trailing arm" suspension type for the rear suspension. You create a "trailing arm" object with its object centre at the pivot point for the rear suspension. That must correspond with a "lower pivot" point in the vehicle editor.

So that explains that. I did initially do the 1 gear but there was other problems so I am still working on a solution for various things with this, bare with me some time and I will work on it more.
#8 - AEF
Better specs!
But if you set max power at 12000rpm, max torque will be at about 8000rpm (only 3-4000rpm below)!
So I fixed the falling through the ground and made some changes to the engine.
#10 - AEF
Spent an hour on the minimoto tonight on TC. Fortunately, other drivers saw me and went around. Smile With 1st gear at 2.00 it accelerates to 120 km/h. Very funny. But I can't understand how hard the susp should be, and the brakes -- it's wobbling a lot when braking from high speed.
Quote from detail :Spent an hour on the minimoto tonight on TC. Fortunately, other drivers saw me and went around. Smile With 1st gear at 2.00 it accelerates to 120 km/h. Very funny. But I can't understand how hard the susp should be, and the brakes -- it's wobbling a lot when braking from high speed.

The real-life counterpart has no suspension at all, so stiff as possible I guess, rigid is only possible on the karts. For the wobbling try moving the brake more towards the front, that should sort you out, but I wouldn't put the pressure too high you will fly over the handlebars Big grin
Quote from ELDemon :The real-life counterpart has no suspension at all, so stiff as possible I guess, rigid is only possible on the karts. For the wobbling try moving the brake more towards the front, that should sort you out, but I wouldn't put the pressure too high you will fly over the handlebars Big grin

Indeed, brakes more to the front and lower the force (25 kN) made it stable.

I figured out how to get unstuck, but it's tricky: when you're facing a wall, just throttle, make the engine stall, and then left turn makes the "foot" push it and turn. IDK if it's a normal way. Strangely, it turns this way only to one side. The method won't work if the clutch is hot: the engine won't stall. Smile

Actually, it's the most stable bike among all 3 in mods, it doesn't wobble on the oval. Smile

I don't know if it's fixable, but if you crash into a wall while banking, the vertical component of the suspension gets damaged, and then it's impossible to move, all the weight is on the body.
One minor issue: the body color does not affect the front.
Attached images
lfs_00000011.jpg
Quote from detail :One minor issue: the body color does not affect the front.

Fixed! Thanks for the feedback.

MINI MOTO
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG