The online racing simulator
XR V8SC
(14 posts, started )
XR V8SC
Hello Everyone, now is my first WIP mod on very first modding capability became official by LFS team.

so for the test, I put some effort in editing original LFS car since it was easier and should be legal without any lisences, instead using real car and then rename it into something, which I personally unsatisfied with it since it's not real car name

To be started, I put some 5.6L V8 based on average V8 Supercars engine out there, oh yes and my reference is obviously, some V8 Supercars

then for aerokit, ofcourse I try to mimmicking on how the V8SC kit looks like, it's not perfect yet because I do modelling inside the app instead import it from 3dsmax / blender instead (which I do hope LFS team could add support import obj partially instead replacing all items on it)

for the stance, I think it's way better to uses XRG setup in height and wheeltrack instead start from XRT / XRR since V8SC afaik has short wheeltrack but long wheelbase, which I think it could be done with XRG base

that's all from me, it's still WIP tho, but I think I got what it takes to make the basic of this mod through in-app modeler by LFS team

=================================================

changelog:

v0.1:
-aerokit done
-suspension setup
-engine character
-skinmapping
Attached images
Live for Speed 18_11_2021 21_36_18.png
Live for Speed 18_11_2021 21_37_59.png
Live for Speed 18_11_2021 21_39_40.png
Live for Speed 19_11_2021 19_23_44.png
Live for Speed 20_11_2021 18_15_16.png
update !!

after evaluating my mod, there's a reason why my mod only reaching 2 stars and less, I mislooked on tyre pressure !

okay, to be sorted out, here's the changelog of v0.2 :

v0.2
-fixing tyre pressure (misslooked on this parts)
-refining rear side bumper (quite decent looks now)
-refining engine curve so when upshift, it's not stuck at 4th gear
-refining differential setup, quite good but let me know
-underside model done, no more hollow car like before when jumping over curbs like V8SC
Attached images
LFS Editor 23_11_2021 19_43_04.png
Quote from ivancsx :

then for aerokit, ofcourse I try to mimmicking on how the V8SC kit looks like, it's not perfect yet because I do modelling inside the app instead import it from 3dsmax / blender instead (which I do hope LFS team could add support import obj partially instead replacing all items on it)

This is what I found in the Live For Speed Discord.

- create a new vehicle project (any)
- import .obj as main object
- create new empty subobject
- select all object triangles and click "break off" (this will move all triangles to that new subobject)
- from there you can save the subobject, discard the vehicle project, open the actual vehicle project and load a subobject

might help. Here is the discord, feel free to join LFS https://discordapp.com/invite/wZrUTJN
Quote from superlame :This is what I found in the Live For Speed Discord.

- create a new vehicle project (any)
- import .obj as main object
- create new empty subobject
- select all object triangles and click "break off" (this will move all triangles to that new subobject)
- from there you can save the subobject, discard the vehicle project, open the actual vehicle project and load a subobject

might help. Here is the discord, feel free to join LFS https://discordapp.com/invite/wZrUTJN

have seen this reply of my thread, but forget to thanks..

THANKS A LOT MAAAAAAN !!!! ahh, now it became easier to work with, thankyou XD

anyway, the development are paused temporarily due to high activity in my workplace, usual things that happens only on the end of year. may will be regularly updated, and perhaps fining tune again to match V8SC engine regulations and complete my first ever mod here (and hope it get approved as it finished) Big grin
small update

v0.3
-fixing some issues on 3D model
-adding pit limiter light for future updates (if available)
-major fixing with setup and car spec, now it has around 1400 Kgs of weight as V8SC rulebook 2014 (credits for nikopdr on Discord), to much aero perhaps fixed, also with suspension setup, but let me know if it okay
Attached images
LFS Editor 28_11_2021 00_20_58.png
I really enjoyed driving this mod!
Sound could be a little quieter just clips the entire time
Is this car going to get Headlights?
Can we get different rims, something that’s not XRR rims with more spokes…
Quote from martin18 :I really enjoyed driving this mod!
Sound could be a little quieter just clips the entire time
Is this car going to get Headlights?
Can we get different rims, something that’s not XRR rims with more spokes…

for the rims, soon, still experiencing problem which I couldnt load my wheels to the editor so for now it's only edited XRR rims Smile

for the headlight, I doubt any V8SC dont have any headlights, but will check it later, or perhaps I'll make 2 version instead Smile
Updates !!!

v0.4
-New Rims (now are looks closely to V8SC)
-2 config (Day Race headlight, and Night Race headlight)
-fixing some suspension setup
Attached images
frgdgergfef.jpg
Live for Speed 18_12_2021 23_05_22.png
Live for Speed 18_12_2021 23_05_46.png
#9 - BeNoM
Looking good! Good to see your conversion from gen_black to LFS Editor <3
27/12/21

Great start, good engine sound and great rims and body. Looks like the earlier Ford Falcon gen 1 (we now have 2 Holdens, a Skyline and a Ford V8sc squad on the mod forum Big grin)

Things to improve on is the speed. This is way too fast, but I cannot figure out if it's the body weight and mass, or the engine that's overpowered. This ran around my scaled Gold Coast track in 1:09 while all the other V8/ATCC cars ran 1:12s/1:13s. It just goes up the gears and accelerates like no tomorrow, which his unrealistic.

Brakes are also too strong from baseline, at least for this car. V8SC have bad brakes, and at 1800 they feel strong already. Might need to change that.

Handling wise is generally ok, perhaps a tad numb on corner entry. Main issue is that ot does suffer from rear squat and tripod disease on acceleration, which makes the inside wheel spin funny. niko's car on the other hand tripods on braking and corner turn in. So yep, you'll need to get around that too.

Otherwise good job!
Quote from MicroSpecV :27/12/21

Great start, good engine sound and great rims and body. Looks like the earlier Ford Falcon gen 1 (we now have 2 Holdens, a Skyline and a Ford V8sc squad on the mod forum Big grin)

Things to improve on is the speed. This is way too fast, but I cannot figure out if it's the body weight and mass, or the engine that's overpowered. This ran around my scaled Gold Coast track in 1:09 while all the other V8/ATCC cars ran 1:12s/1:13s. It just goes up the gears and accelerates like no tomorrow, which his unrealistic.

Brakes are also too strong from baseline, at least for this car. V8SC have bad brakes, and at 1800 they feel strong already. Might need to change that.

Handling wise is generally ok, perhaps a tad numb on corner entry. Main issue is that ot does suffer from rear squat and tripod disease on acceleration, which makes the inside wheel spin funny. niko's car on the other hand tripods on braking and corner turn in. So yep, you'll need to get around that too.

Otherwise good job!

That's massive input that I glad to hear ! Thankyou, I'll take note first for all point that you mention, and will try and rework for it, thanks again for this detailed input, this is what I need 👌👌👌
Quote from MicroSpecV :27/12/21

This ran around my scaled Gold Coast track in 1:09 while all the other V8/ATCC cars ran 1:12s/1:13s. It just goes up the gears and accelerates like no tomorrow, which his unrealistic.

Propably cos it has almost 1/3 of the drag Niko's V8 FXO has Shrug
A little oversight I noticed

The wang has that default red color and doesn't change with the colour slides.
Attached images
lfs_00000046.jpg
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :A little oversight I noticed

The wang has that default red color and doesn't change with the colour slides.

whoops, looks like I missed out that part, thanks for spotting it out, will be updated next including pre-skins, Thanks

Quote from fatalunfair :Propably cos it has almost 1/3 of the drag Niko's V8 FXO has Shrug

actually, because the powercurve aren't right, compared to Niko's car, mine have the power from midrange rpm with long ratio, while Niko's car have a peaky power with close ratio

Please test the latest one, and let me know if it still too fast compared to Niko's car Big grin

XR V8SC
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG