The online racing simulator
Lightweight micro coupe
Hello. I saw that the mod system is out recently, and even though I don't have a license, I couldn't resist to create a car model. I'd like to create a model of a rather rare car so there are no ready-to-use models around the web and I believe that is a good way to bring more attention to not popular, but interesting cars. After some searching, I've found a Russian kit car called Pegas (or Pegasus if we translate to English). The car is very lightweight, its size can be compared to OKA (Snail mod in LFS), though it's much more powerful. It could be equipped with one of 4 available engines with power output from 120 to 145 hp.

The model is not one-to-one copy of the vehicle, this is my first attempt to model anything, so please bear with me. There is a lot to be done, including interior, wheel arches, exhaust, etc.

Spoiler - click to reveal

I did more changes a while ago, but didn't upload for some time. I made the front grill, improved mirrors, door handles, added seats, gearbox lever and basic work on other parts of interior. The geometry of the model was improved in some places, but it's still far from perfection. Here is the current progress:

I did more changes to the model. Added turn signals, pedals, ceiling and simple door panels, made some improvements on model geometry.

The question is: does anybody know how to model wipers and panel gaps?
The best way to make low poly panelgaps imo is to do it like LFS does it on their stock cars. Just move the edge in along the normals to make it look like a gap image in spoiler:

This requires that you have an edge where the panelgaps is supposed to be. I usually plan for that when i first start modeling. But it is usually also possible to press g twice and edge slide verticies to the correct location.

When you have and edge where you want a panelgap you can use CTRL + B and drag you mouse to sort of duplicate the edge. Using CTRL + R you can and a edge loop between the newly split edges and move that edge inwards to create the gap.

About wipers the advice from myside is to just do it. Look at refrences and start modeling. I can share some wipers I made (not great) from another project to give some insperation. They are quite tricky.

These are obviously from a really highpoly model, but i think the principel should be the same. The new rb4 has some great looking more low poly wipers. You could take a look at those also for insperation.
Attached images
Skärmklipp106.PNG
Skärmklipp107.PNG
Skärmklipp108.PNG
Thank you very much! Your advice is very helpful. I didn't model wipers yet, gaps are done with Ctrl+B. The thing that puzzled me is why bevel modifier didn't work for some edges. The answer is bad topology: when there are more than two faces sharing the same edge, the modifier doesn't work.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG