The online racing simulator
One thing holding back some mods are the tires. Suggestion: Server-side templock
One big thing I noticed with the mods are the tire temperatures rising quickly as higher horsepower cars are added. Flame CZE and their Nascar is one example.

It would be nice if there was a setting for Server Hosts to set a tire wear/tire temperature maximum. A lot of the higher horsepower drift cars are only lasting a few laps before it gets to really bad tire wear.

It wasn't really ever a noticeable problem before mods because XRT didn't have the most horsepower Big grin
Now that mods are here it would be great if this was an option that was implemented.
Common in other racing games where you can have an option to turn off tire wear. Or have an option to choose how much damage the car takes to things like the engine, transmission, body, etc. and turn it down or up depends on what you want in your server.

Some kind of "realism" modifier slider or maybe multiple options to choose from? Allows you to go from realistic damage to no damage at all, even after heavy crashes or abuse on the car.

EDIT: I RETRACT THIS STATEMENT haha. Was thinking on the lines of assetto corsa style modifiers, but the lfs kids cannot handle this and the game would become something much worse Big grin Big grin

So focused on whether or not we could.... we didn't stop to think if we should.
I agree, tyre wear reduced by a set percentage would be fine. These high horsepower drift cars eat through tyres veery fast (includes the default XRR/FZR).

//to clarify, this is the only thing that bothers me - damage and other things are fine
I do feel the need for a better tyre modeling. As we all know Scavier are working on that.. I'd hope that the improvements will address this issue as well!

About the 'realism' slider; One of the reasons I love LFS is because it doesn't have such a setting. Don't you?
I'd say the solution is in improvements of the tyre physics, not in reducable realism settings.
Definitely agree, it would be great. And you can simply have more fun in the game with this option
And eventually we'll end up with Project Cars 3 clone, where tyres don't wear out, always have optimal temperature, car doesn't need to refuel and cannot be damaged...
Yeah, no - this is on my list of the not good suggestions, that don't belong to LFS.
No thanks, just drive your new cars more carefully? Big grin
No. I appreciate LFS for teaching that many things are impossible, and adding power does not make you race faster.
Quote from detail :No. I appreciate LFS for teaching that many things are impossible, and adding power does not make you race faster.

Exactly. I agree with this and that it takes more than just flat out high horsepower to go fast. My responce about i mentioned a damage slider and etc etc. i retract that comment lol the lfs kids would go nuts the game would turn into carX drift racing haha
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I agree, tyre wear reduced by a set percentage would be fine. These high horsepower drift cars eat through tyres veery fast (includes the default XRR/FZR).

//to clarify, this is the only thing that bothers me - damage and other things are fine

This is what I was saying! Sorry if the original post was confusing, I'm ONLY talking about tire temperatures here....

Quote from michal 1279 :And eventually we'll end up with Project Cars 3 clone, where tyres don't wear out, always have optimal temperature, car doesn't need to refuel and cannot be damaged...

...I did not mention anything about infinite fuel and damage off! hahaha
Plus I was thinking about this further: Ideally with the temperature lock on, it would disable LFS lap personal bests and the such. To keep the best times as the realistic times.

Quote from Van Sterberkt :I do feel the need for a better tyre modeling. As we all know Scavier are working on that.. I'd hope that the improvements will address this issue as well! [...] I'd say the solution is in improvements of the tyre physics, not in reducable realism settings.

This was on my mind as well. I know new tire physics are coming and I completely understand if the dev team would rather keep working on that than provide a temporary solution now. I just saw with the rise of more high horsepower drift cars coming along that it would be really helpful for the time being.

Here's to new tire models helping towards this problem in the future!

Quote from PeterN :No thanks, just drive your new cars more carefully? Big grin

This is drifting we're talking about here, not much "carefulness" to go around. Wink
Quote from detail :No. I appreciate LFS for teaching that many things are impossible, and adding power does not make you race faster.

well the current state isnt realistic either.
on a drift layout you can do exactly 1 good run before the tire is flat. normals or super.
wich is nonsene nobody in real life with a 500hp car wears out a set of tires in 1 run on a short course.

yes i vote for some kind of change in tires. and if thats a templock option i dont care.
we all have been playing lfs long enough do we need teaching?
Quote from G13Haze :on a drift layout you can do exactly 1 good run before the tire is flat. normals or super.
wich is nonsene nobody in real life with a 500hp car wears out a set of tires in 1 run on a short course.

Agree. Sometimes fresh tyre sets could last whole dtift weekend or even more (on a 300Ps street car) as i know.
But let's wait for new tyre system. Devs did exactly what was requested for many years with mod system, I hope they won't fail with tyre system either. The bad thing, we may wait another 15+ yearsWave
Quote :But let's wait for new tyre system. Devs did exactly what was requested for many years with mod system, I hope they won't fail with tyre system either.

I get the point of waiting for the new tire system.
One thing to note though is that a tire templock setting would benefit even after the tire update.

And the fact of it being a setting would leave it as a choice per server (so not impreeding on the more realistic driving experience)

Quote :well the current state isnt realistic either.
on a drift layout you can do exactly 1 good run before the tire is flat. normals or super.

In the mean time with mods being a thing, this is still a serious problem. I'm not alone in saying this either ^^^^
tyres are the main strategy on enduro (and races in general), please, don't make them indestructible ...
Quote from Tomfuel :tyres are the main strategy on enduro (and races in general), please, don't make them indestructible ...

Again (and I can't stress this enough) it would be a server to server basis whether this is on or not. A SETTING to turn on or off.
Naturally it would be turned off in an endurance race server. Tilt
Honestly if this was a SERVER setting, I would LOVE THAT!

Great idea! Thumbs up
Just imagine drifting for ever and ever until you crash!

I agree maybe have a setting to turn of tire wear completely allowed by server host
Would be nice to add setup lock for server/cars as well Tongue

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG