The online racing simulator
Edit the .knw files
(16 posts, started )
Edit the .knw files
Hi,

The. knw file, I suppose, are the files that the AI are using to take the trajectory.

Is it possible to edit those files, for example give to the AIs an other trajectory...

Thanks
Oh wow, im gonna keep track on this thread. Would love to edit AI paths, and i assume it would be possible to make them drift (at some points).
as far as i know, the file format is undocumented.
As far as I know those files are unused since patch X
Quote from Whiskey :As far as I know those files are unused since patch X

They appear to have been replaced by .trs files (data/knw/TRACK.trs)
Any news on this? Does anyone know the encoding of .knw files?
I'd be interested to edit/create AI for the new mods and existing cars.
#7 - BeNoM
The only way to edit them is via HEX editing.
usually in LFS data first byte in a block is the block size, and it is constructed in such blocks. knw files seem not to be of this case. It could may as well be just the weights for custom neural network layers inside the lfs game engine.
Maybe i'll try to do some trial and error decoding then. And probably fail to decode it Ya right
Probably Scawen doesn't want us to play around with these anyway. :-)
UF1 : R 0° - F 0° - fdr 3.134 - max 43.5 m/s - lap 1:11.21 - lap fuel 0.6% - total 2% (1 stint)

in this message i dont understand what is R 0° - F 0°
I'd say these are the Rear and Front downforce angles. Don't know for sure.

Does this relate to the topic of this thread?
Quote from Van Sterberkt :
Does this relate to the topic of this thread?

100% sure

when i start ai bot on any track the game send message like

UF1 : R 20° - F 20° - fdr 2.939 - max 46.4 m/s - lap 0:24.56 - lap fuel 0.2% - total 1% (1 stint)

in file i found
- R 20°
- F 20°
- max 46.4 m/s
i think .trs is an array of x y z points to create a spline like when you press button 4
Quote from Van Sterberkt :I'd say these are the Rear and Front downforce angles. Don't know for sure.

bingo! i test it in fbm

- max 46.4 m/s - test speed in wing setup section
UP

Smile Is there anything new about editing AI trajectories?
(I asked the same question here, with an example, https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2065527#post2065527, before seeing this topic)

Now that the AI has been significantly improved with patch D48, editing AI paths has regained importance. Indeed, with cars specifically modified for AI, LFS is much more enjoyable to play. All that's missing is better trajectories for the AI.

{To Van Sterberkt} And now solo championships could become interesting.Thumbs up

Edit the .knw files
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG