The online racing simulator
Engine Requests For Your Mods
(113 posts, started )
INTRODUCTION
Hey to all of you Moders and tweakers!

I’m making this thread for custom engine and engine sound requests

I know for some people it takes time to get the sound, the specs, and the feel they want to drop in their mods/tweaks.

Some people have been making amazing cars but maybe the engines and sounds have not been perfect or they not been able to match a in real life car/engine performance and numbers.

I’m willing to help the community with this so you can focus on building amazing and high quality mods.

Request Procedure
-Send me private message here on LFS. Or on Discord RBunny#8456
Topic just say the car is based on or the engine is based on
-Must provide video clip
-Web links regarding engine specs would be grateful
-If it’s a custom engine please be very very specific about power and what is similar to

Engines and sounds created so far
Mods I’ve made sounds or engines for:
Tommy28
Dorito-GTO
RS1-Kenji
SCHANCKE T16
ACOSTA STARLIN
SUGGA
P4 ATN 2017
CAVALLO 570S
VKi-6
XRT Rally
XRT Street Tuned
RB4 TimeAttack Spec
XR Promod
And some private mods….
#2 - BeNoM
This is an awesome idea, good stuff!
you mean engine tune or sound?
Quote from scania :you mean engine tune or sound?

The engine for the mod and the “Shift A” sound. Example: the B18C from an integra typeR 1797cc 8600Rpm redline 197Hp @8000rpms 135 FTLB of torque @5700rpms. Tuning the sound for it to sound realistic and feel realistic
Or a Spoon built B18 with more power and more torque 210 Hp and 147 torque
But I will do anything from old cars pre war, F1, Le Mans, WRC, street cars, drag cars, drift cars, I’ll even attempt rotary engines
can u make steam car?
Quote from scania :can u make steam car?

Ohh that’s a great question I’d have to look into it. See what’s even possible. Many limitations to the modeler remember using the LFS modeler
Quote from martin18 :Ohh that’s a great question I’d have to look into it. See what’s even possible. Many limitations to the modeler remember using the LFS modeler

if its possible,k I'll try to build doble e50
#9 - V_Ro
I support that idea, I would love that in LFS the sounds could be improved, Cheer up! Thumbs up
Quote from V_Ro :I support that idea, I would love that in LFS the sounds could be improved, Cheer up! Thumbs up

not only engine, I think it is a good idea to make a "parts store"!
Exactly I’ve already made 3 engines and sounds. HKS RB28 from drag R33, stock B18 Integra Type R and the spoon tuned B18
I was trying to design the LS2 engine, but I've found that if you make your engine size 6ltr, it will be too heavy (around 300kg!). I think in overall car design the weights of components are really important. I had to downsize it to around 4 ltr and play with the settings to get the correct torque/power curves to match LS2. Do you guys face similar issues or is there a workaround for that?
Quote from slomant :I was trying to design the LS2 engine, but I've found that if you make your engine size 6ltr, it will be too heavy (around 300kg!). I think in overall car design the weights of components are really important. I had to downsize it to around 4 ltr and play with the settings to get the correct torque/power curves to match LS2. Do you guys face similar issues or is there a workaround for that?

In the “Mass” tab can adjust the weight of items in there and weight distribution too
Quote from martin18 :In the “Mass” tab can adjust the weight of items in there and weight distribution too

Yes, you can adjust some weights, but you can't adjust the engine weight directly though? It is being calculated based on the size of the engine. At least I can't find any other way on how to change the engine weight. Please share if you know a way.
Yes you are correct I’ll make a request about this
RBunny engine tune shop! ★★★★★ Rating haha
I don't have a mod ready yet but I know what engine I'll be requesting to swap into an E30:

HARTLEY H1 MAXI V8 SPECIFICATIONS:

LAYOUT- 90 degree V8, flat plane crankshaft
STANDARD DISPLACEMENT- 3.1 liters (turbo), 3.3 liters (NA)
OPTIONAL DISPLACEMENTS- 2.5, 2.8 and 3.0 liters (NA or turbo)
WEIGHT- 96 kg
BORE AND STROKE (STD)- 81 or 84 bore x 74 stroke
COMPRESSION RATION- 13:1
POWER- 420 TO 520 hp at 10,000 rpm (NA)
TORQUE- 240 to 280 ftlbs
VALVING- 4 cam, 4 valves/cylinder
CLUTCH- 115mm or 140mm twin disc.

https://www.h1v8.com/maxi-v8---specs.html

Quote from Mr. Apex :I don't have a mod ready yet but I know what engine I'll be requesting to swap into an E30:

HARTLEY H1 MAXI V8 SPECIFICATIONS:

LAYOUT- 90 degree V8, flat plane crankshaft
STANDARD DISPLACEMENT- 3.1 liters (turbo), 3.3 liters (NA)
OPTIONAL DISPLACEMENTS- 2.5, 2.8 and 3.0 liters (NA or turbo)
WEIGHT- 96 kg
BORE AND STROKE (STD)- 81 or 84 bore x 74 stroke
COMPRESSION RATION- 13:1
POWER- 420 TO 520 hp at 10,000 rpm (NA)
TORQUE- 240 to 280 ftlbs
VALVING- 4 cam, 4 valves/cylinder
CLUTCH- 115mm or 140mm twin disc.

https://www.h1v8.com/maxi-v8---specs.html

Wow this cool never heard of this engine before. You if you got a video so I can match the sound you want from it.
I also need the red line I only see the peak HP and the peak torque.

I can make flat plane crank but I can’t match that weight LFS editor won’t allow me change weight
And there’s no different use of materials yet. I’ve requested this in mod editor suggestions, but we will see if the Developers add it

Looking forward to see what this beast would sound like and gets started working on it

Message me directly with extra information please I don’t want to blow up the feed with requests… I know you can’t upload files in message though
Apparently it IS acually possible to edit the weight in LFS editor. Now if I can just find the info again …

EDIT: hard to find. Someone asked exactly that question and someone (Scawen??) responded that you can adjust the mass of the engine. It was something about an american V8 being way too heavy for its size.

EDIT: Here's a YouTube link of an older 2.6l version of the engine:
Quote from Mr. Apex :Apparently it IS acually possible to edit the weight in LFS editor. Now if I can just find the info again …

EDIT: hard to find. Someone asked exactly that question and someone (Scawen??) responded that you can adjust the mass of the engine. It was something about an american V8 being way too heavy for its size.

I asked, but no one has responded or made an update for it yet. I made an LS3 today and it was like 90KG heavier than it was supposed to. You can adjust Mass for: body, battery, and fuel tank. Other object will be affected by amount of objects used and size (like suspension or wheels) same with engine mass will be affected by displacement automatically calculated by game…
I think the revlimit is about 10'500 Rpm
So how do we copy a custom engine sound we created back to the editor? I choose edit engine, loaded the sound and hit save then exported. But it still loaded the generic generated one.
Quote from mpantel :So how do we copy a custom engine sound we created back to the editor? I choose edit engine, loaded the sound and hit save then exported. But it still loaded the generic generated one.

Try replacing the .eng file you made, with the one thats inside the .7z file that Modeler exports.

Edit: Have you tried [Transmission / Audio] and load from there? Also the button "Load ENG inside "Edit Engine"is for configuration for the engine specifications - example - You make 2JZ Engine, click "save ENG" then you can load this .ENG configuration 2jz engine to any car.

Picture of where the .eng SOUND file is loaded
Path: LFS_EDITOR/data/engine
Quote from superlame :Try replacing the .eng file you made, with the one thats inside the .7z file that Modeler exports.

Edit: Have you tried [Transmission / Audio] and load from there? Also the button "Load ENG inside "Edit Engine"is for configuration for the engine specifications - example - You make 2JZ Engine, click "save ENG" then you can load this .ENG configuration 2jz engine to any car.

Picture of where the .eng SOUND file is loaded
Path: LFS_EDITOR/data/engine

Yes this is correct transmission/audio import audio file you created in “shift A” settings

(113 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG