The online racing simulator
2 Wheel / Bike Mod support
(14 posts, started )
Hello, first of all, I'm Irvan from Indonesia

I would say thankyou for LFS team that makes vehicle modding are now official, it's been a while that I'm waiting to LFS team to atleast makes an official support to be realised, and the dream just come true !! Salute to you guys

Well, back to topic, I didnt know if this suggestion or bug report, but I do love that now LFS has support for 2 Wheeler, as I ride bike myself. but there's still minor bugs that I do hope LFS team could fix and continue to develop so it will be natively supported by LFS system

Here's an examples I made some body position animation, which I just realised that body position animation based on how steering angle is, not the lean angle which in most 2 wheel game (i dont wanted to say which game since it's unpolite to mention the brand), I do hope there's an animation timeline for lean angle (so the body position are move by how much lean angle on the bike, and/or how the bike rake angle when braking or accelerating, i.e. the driver will tuck in under accelerating and back to normal pos when braking, stuff like that)

For the second things would be, foot dangling instead both foot on the footpeg, it's okay when driving but isn't while idle i.e. on the pitstop, it's so hard to get out from pitstop, especially when the engine are mimmicked as 150cc Bike like in here in Indonesia

The last one is, Bike steering & angle assist, which needs to be there, so we could control both lean angle and steering, previously when cornering, the assist do some leaning but not with the steering, which makes me often falling down when hitting grass because the bike not turning while it on quite decent lean angle.

That's all from me, reporting stuff of LFS, it's quite intriguing but experimental features for 2 wheel to mess with 😂😂😂

I do hope LFS team not deleting this feature, since it's quite brilliant to work with 😁
Attached images
FB_IMG_1636549187516.jpg
Oh, there's also a minor but it will be great if taken care of

In examples, if you guys could differentiate between car and bike tyre profile, since bike tyres usually have a V profile while car are just almost flat, I think it will make the physic atleast being natural and prevent the driver from falling because shortage of contact patch that touches between tyre and asphalt (i.e. too much lean angle for small bike, approx 50° or more that makes the bike falls)

Looking forward for response, I hope I'm not being rude to mention all stuff that already in experimental status 😂
I would like to see how it drives.

Quote from ivancsx :I think it will make the physic atleast being natural and prevent the driver from falling because shortage of contact patch that touches between tyre and asphalt

So... Gyro effect in LFS isn't good enough?
Quote from versiu :I would like to see how it drives.

So... Gyro effect in LFS isn't good enough?

For now still isn't good enough, or atleast with keyboard-mouse control

Later I'll upload the video of it, I had record it but forgot to upload it since I was messing around to do some lap to test some stuff on it 😁
Sorry for bumping the post again 😛

IMHO the tyre profile should be like on the left (in the attachment), while recently I felt when I drive and messing around with the mod I working on, it's more like on the right, that's why when accelerating or let off throttle, I could get more lean angle, and when the lean angle adds when braking, I usually fall off

Oh btw my tyre setup, I mimmicking my real life bike, CBR 150R 2016-2020

F: 100/80 R17, 2.50 rim width
R: 130/70 R17, 3.50 rim width

It's not look and felt like the tyre has V profile, so it felt like it's not turning when leaning, and even when lean angle adds more (like the previous pict attached on first post), usually the bike falls and go underworld 😂
Attached images
20211111_101701.jpg
Would be keen to test this!
#7 - BeNoM
That ending is hilarious. Big grin
A "soft-reset"-function for two-wheelers would be handy to get up right again. For servers that don't allow car-resets.
Quote from chucknorris :A "soft-reset"-function for two-wheelers would be handy to get up right again. For servers that don't allow car-resets.

yes, something like this:
Quote from xspeedasx :yes, something like this:

What is the name of this game, this is first game ever i played 😂
Hmm, soft-reset for any vehicle which is light enough for a human to fix. No damage repair.

This is already possible via insim, but of course needs an insim...
Uh oh, why the notification doesnt show up on my email, I missed some stuff

I try to step up my sensitivity, and I just realized, what mouse control does is to control the lean angle of the bike, and such, when bike leaning, the steering are being assisted and stabilize the bike so it wouldn't fall

Well as for me now, the only LFS system needs, just animation based on lean angle of the bike, and perhaps automated foot dangle when stop or when entering corner while hard braking that makes the bike destabilized

I know that must be very very complicated to make, but if it been done, this type of driving will be golden if compared from very first release

I put a pic of my hero in GP to show how foot dangling is

That's all from me for now, it ain't hard to learn compared to car modding, but since this feature was experimental, I'll just focusing make cars instead until LFS team adds some stuff to work with 2 Wheeler.. thankyou all
Attached images
images.jpeg-53.jpg

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG