The online racing simulator
Quote from PeterN :The number plate issue that used to happen randomly in previous versions now seems much worse. Now most of the time someone else's numberplate is showing on my car. (And other player's cars might be wrong too, but I can't tell that)

I have stumbled upon this problem only for 1 or 2 cars - BACALHAU and not sure about the CX Wagon.
I think this happens because the numberplate is on subobject or something.. Baaaaaaaack in the days when modding was unsupported Big grin , the numberplates - s_plate, work only on MESH 1..if not set on mesh 1 it displays wrong licenseplate.
Thanks for this clue, I'll make a note to check that out, if that could be the reason.
Trying to enter "[TC] CityDriving W" server, I get error and fail to connect 9 times out of 10. Error messages are

1) unexpected guest packet (most often)
2) did not get skins info
3) unknown packet.

I could enter it once and play, but second time gave up after ~15 attempts.

I'm on W45. Don't know what the server is running on.
It seems if your Game password is changed, the LFS license stays unlocked but trying to access mods results in an invalid password error because of the different password, and then modded cars don't appear on track. (I'm basing this off behaviour someone is seeing in TC and assuming it's a password change.)

Seems like the best course of action would be to require an unlock in this case.
Quote from PeterN :It seems if your Game password is changed, the LFS license stays unlocked but trying to access mods results in an invalid password error because of the different password, and then modded cars don't appear on track. (I'm basing this off behaviour someone is seeing in TC and assuming it's a password change.)

Seems like the best course of action would be to require an unlock in this case.

Nothing to do with password change, a lot of people had (and maybe still have) this problem (including me)

After 10 tries or something to connect.. the game will let you in XD
Quote from detail :Trying to enter "[TC] CityDriving W" server, I get error and fail to connect 9 times out of 10. Error messages are

1) unexpected guest packet (most often)
2) did not get skins info
3) unknown packet

Thank you, I was able to catch it in the debugger and now understand the reason for this bug.

I intend to release a patch tomorrow that fixes this issue and some others.
Quote from PeterN :It seems if your Game password is changed, the LFS license stays unlocked but trying to access mods results in an invalid password error because of the different password, and then modded cars don't appear on track. (I'm basing this off behaviour someone is seeing in TC and assuming it's a password change.)

That shouldn't be possible because you can't get online if your password is wrong.

If this is actually reproducible in some way I'd like to know about it (how you can change password when you are already online).

Oh, do you mean, you join a server, then while still connected, go to the website and change your gamepassword, so that downloading mods doesn't work? Guess that would make that happen but I think if people want to do that, then that's just their problem. Big grin
Hmm, not really sure what happened as it was someone else having the issue, but they reported MOD: Invalid Password kept showing on their screen. I assumed the bit about changing password.

Also, even if changing the password whilst connected was the issue, them being unable to see other mods is a problem for other players as their LFS treats the invisible cars as not existing, resulting in some 'interesting' collision behaviour with other cars.
Quote from PeterN :Hmm, not really sure what happened as it was someone else having the issue, but they reported MOD: Invalid Password kept showing on their screen. I assumed the bit about changing password.

I think that person should contact LFS tech about it so we can see if there was something wrong with the exact password.
Quote from Scawen :Maybe the ping to Australia is somehow slowing the bandwidth. Though I don't know why that would be or what settings I could change. LFS doesn't really manage that, it just asks for a file and keeps trying to receive it. It's really "windows sockets" and the web server that are doing this, when instructed by LFS. But I don't know how to change that instruction or any relevant socket settings.

For the record, mod downloads take between virtually instant, and about 3 seconds for me.
In in Sydney with a 50Mbps link.

I seem to be getting pretty low latency to liveforspeed.net as well, which is surprising.

Ping statistics for 172.67.203.131:
Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 9ms, Maximum = 15ms, Average = 11ms
I have found a really good reason for long distance in-game downloads to take longer than they should. We'll be releasing that today along with a couple of InSim bug fixes and the fix for "Did not receive skin info" when joining a busy host.

Also looking at some of the other already reported bugs and requests. This is not a request for more requests. Smile There will be several updates during this round of test patches. Smile
Quote from Eclipsed :Yes,host is W45,by test selected all in ingame options,stopped the host,selected the right car (in list it was already selected,but did again),pressed submit changes and started host. Still all mod cars available.

We thought of a reason for this - it may be the list of allowed mods was sent to the host before the host was fully set up. So it could be a different result depending on timing. Now there is a check to make sure the host is fully online before sending the list. Hopefully that fixes the issue, but it's hard to say for sure as we didn't see the issue in testing.

Quote from numbazZ :for some reason, I can't see the other mods in-game, single-player or multi, only 7 of them, 5 on the screenshot, and at the bottom are Hadraplan and FZ5 Safety, that's all

I saw a bug that may have caused this. If on a host with a limited list of mods, so you see that list, then return to single player or join a host without a limited list, the previous list could still be in memory until the list is refreshed. Fixing now so the fix will be in W46.
Quote from farcar :For the record, mod downloads take between virtually instant, and about 3 seconds for me.
In in Sydney with a 50Mbps link.

I seem to be getting pretty low latency to liveforspeed.net as well, which is surprising.

Ping statistics for 172.67.203.131:
Minimum = 9ms, Maximum = 15ms, Average = 11ms

liveforspeed.net is actually pointing to cloudflare, hence the low ping.
You can try lfs.net instead
Quote from Scawen :We thought of a reason for this - it may be the list of allowed mods was sent to the host before the host was fully set up. So it could be a different result depending on timing. Now there is a check to make sure the host is fully online before sending the list. Hopefully that fixes the issue, but it's hard to say for sure as we didn't see the issue in testing.

I saw a bug that may have caused this. If on a host with a limited list of mods, so you see that list, then return to single player or join a host without a limited list, the previous list could still be in memory until the list is refreshed. Fixing now so the fix will be in W46.

I honestly wouldn't mind if you just left this as-is. You see, there isn't really a way right now for users to see the list of allowed mods on a server, unless the server itself tells us outright (usually a cruise server through its InSim, you can simply look at the car list). So we basically have to try our installed mods one by one to figure out what's actually usable or not.

It would honestly be better if we just had a way of seeing that list ourselves - And if so, we can turn this "bug" into a useful feature. If you're on a host with a limited list of allowed mods, the in-game list will only show the mods usable on that host. Makes for a nice QoL improvement.
Quote from CozmicDragon :You see, there isn't really a way right now for users to see the list of allowed mods on a server, unless the server itself tells us outright ...

It would honestly be better if we just had a way of seeing that list ourselves - And if so, we can turn this "bug" into a useful feature. If you're on a host with a limited list of allowed mods, the in-game list will only show the mods usable on that host. Makes for a nice QoL improvement.

Actually as of W45 server does hide unallowed mods leaving only whitelisted in "browse mods" page.

come to [RC-Core] Dev server to see for yourself. I have left only 2 mods enabled.
The password is "tempdisabled" for few hours.
Yes, as xpeedasx says, maybe you didn't install W45. Smile

I was fixing a total bug here - the limited list from the last server you joined, was still limited when you joined another host or in single player. It's not a good thing to leave it that way! Big grin
Quote from Victor :liveforspeed.net is actually pointing to cloudflare, hence the low ping.
You can try lfs.net instead

Thanks, yes I noticed it redirected after I posted.
lfs.net gives a much more realistic 282ms

Ping statistics for 188.122.74.149:
Minimum = 280ms, Maximum = 285ms, Average = 282ms
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG