The online racing simulator
New version W45 - filters on list of mods / can limit allowed mods on host
Changes from 0.6W43 to 0.6W45:

LFS:

New mod filters Staff picks only / Include tweak mods / Include WIP
You can now set list of mods allowed on host (via InSim or LFS.net)
Increased size of file transfer buffer - may download mods faster
Updated help text on Start New Host screen

Editor:

FIX: Arrows did not move the value of EV max power slider
FIX: Crash after loading a wheel rim cross section

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
#3 - BeNoM
Thanks for the updated Scawen!

But even after this update, mod downloading seems to be limited to roughly 20KB/s sadly. Around 1/90th of my average download speed.

For me, mod downloads take a second or so (and I just have ordinary rural internet, not bad but not really fast). Are you saying they actually seem to take a long time?
#5 - BeNoM
They can take up to 10 seconds at times. Not terrible but the speed seems to be bottlenecked for some reason.
Maybe the ping to Australia is somehow slowing the bandwidth. Though I don't know why that would be or what settings I could change. LFS doesn't really manage that, it just asks for a file and keeps trying to receive it. It's really "windows sockets" and the web server that are doing this, when instructed by LFS. But I don't know how to change that instruction or any relevant socket settings.
Scawen, is it me or is the numberplate on the new RB4 not centered by choice? It's so much to the left, you'd expect some decal to be on the right.

#8 - BeNoM
Quote from Scawen :Maybe the ping to Australia is somehow slowing the bandwidth. Though I don't know why that would be or what settings I could change. LFS doesn't really manage that, it just asks for a file and keeps trying to receive it. It's really "windows sockets" and the web server that are doing this, when instructed by LFS. But I don't know how to change that instruction or any relevant socket settings.

I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but before the mod support I often had similar slow speeds (or often timing out) when downloading skins as I was joining a server. Probably a location based thing like you suggested.
Quote from rockclan :Scawen, is it me or is the numberplate on the new RB4 not centered by choice? It's so much to the left, you'd expect some decal to be on the right.

I've sent a message to Eric, in case he thinks it would be better mapped asymmetrically.

Quote from BeNoM :I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but before the mod support I often had similar slow speeds (or often timing out) when downloading skins as I was joining a server. Probably a location based thing like you suggested.

Skins and mods use the same http download. People in China have experienced the same problem. I am still baffled why LFS would have trouble downloading relatively small files, when your browser surely wouldn't. As I say, LFS isn't really doing much, but calling 'recv' when there's something to receive. I looked in the code recently but I'm pretty much coming up blank at this point. If anyone is a Winsock / http expert, I'd like to know if there are any great socket settings I should (or should not) use, when initialising a socket for http downloads.
I found bug in lfs editor. I tried to change color of the rim bcs i saw it its not 100% whit. But when i save it after changes rim color reset to default. Another problem is i cannot change the color of the ring. https://ibb.co/HYwPxDY
#11 - Eric
Quote from rockclan :Scawen, is it me or is the numberplate on the new RB4 not centered by choice? It's so much to the left, you'd expect some decal to be on the right.

Thanks for finding that bug.

It's fixed now.
After installing LFS_PATCH_V_TO_W45_setup.exe ,the driver was standing in the car.
What I did, not sure which steps are relevant:
-installed the LFS editor (into seperate folder) and messed around with the LX4 model.
-installed the patch and looked at the new layout-square map. I am not sure if the driver was already standing at this point because I instantly zoomed around the map.
-went to Blackwood with XFG and saw the driver standing in the car.
-driver is standing in garage too. the passengers are sitting.
-switched to a different car: driver is sitting normaly.
-switched back to XFG: now driver is sitting correctly, too.

edit:
The problem stays after LFS restart and it happens in many cars. (I did not try all)
It does not happen with the MRT5.
Attached images
lfs_00000004.jpg
lfs_00000005.jpg
lfs_00000006.jpg
Now that's a cursed image with the FBM grid
Sounds like you didn't have version V installed before installed V to to W45. I think you are missing all the new steering animations that arrived in version V.

So I suggest you either do a fresh install or if you think you know which version you did have, you can do a manual patch which can find by looking through news items to find patch releases.
ops, I was on version U.
V..U...too similiar Wink
Hi, i dont now its bug with me or not but i see it after update to 45 version
Attached images
Безымянный.png
Started a server with these settings,but I'm still able to join with every mod car. Shrug
Attached images
Untitled.png
Did you start it using W45? Just checking, as it certainly wouldn't work with W43.

If so then I guess it's a bug, I'll notify Victor. It is supposed to send that list as soon as the host is started. And I know he did test that.

I think you should find if you update that list after the host is started, it should apply the list correctly. We've tested that quite a bit.
Yes,host is W45,by test selected all in ingame options,stopped the host,selected the right car (in list it was already selected,but did again),pressed submit changes and started host. Still all mod cars available.
OK, I'll pass it on to Victor. For now, you can change that list after starting the host and submit changes without restarting the host. It takes effect instantly.
Yes,changing to other car and submitting changes,then changing back to a car I wanted to select works - now I can join only with the allowed car.
Great choice for the "staff picks filter" Thumbs up

I was a bit focused on the mod and I didn't notice :
Quote from Scawen :...New RB4 - still WIP - more updates are planned...

omg !! That is a serious update ! Omg omg omg
@Eric : What is the meaning of the "VR4" inscription on the rear spoiler ? will the engine going to be a VR4 instead of an i4 in a near future ? Petals
And a small question : for some of the cars the number plate is with a 'GB' plate characteristic on the left (what make the plate more realistic) => will it be customisable or fixed ?
for some reason, I can't see the other mods in-game, single-player or multi, only 7 of them, 5 on the screenshot, and at the bottom are Hadraplan and FZ5 Safety, that's all
Attached images
Знімок екрана 2021-11-14 192529.jpg
try /refresh
That worked for me.
The number plate issue that used to happen randomly in previous versions now seems much worse. Now most of the time someone else's numberplate is showing on my car. (And other player's cars might be wrong too, but I can't tell that)
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG