The online racing simulator
LA2_Wendslydale Test Ground
(11 posts, started )
So wanted to test some of the new car mods on the large Layout Squares, but on a track / circuit, and not just on a humongous open space.

Difficult to take screen shot of whole track in one, as it stretches over an area of approx 6 sq km.

Unfortunately, due to changes in hosting, can't use my LFSLapper to get overall length of track.

EDIT:
Taking approx 50 separate measurements using the D(instance) key in SHIFT U mode, I get track length to be approx 10,445 meters / 6.49 miles

Longest straight approx 1,044 meters, second longest at approx 980m and 3rd longest at 910 meters.

Even trying to take screen shot of start/finish and pit area was difficult.

Loaded video on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY0SLkz0s5M) of me driving round in a UZM412 Soviet Sedan mod (by OniWhite).

Video shows track as a work in progress. Video took over 12 hours to load onto Youtube, which was longer than it took me to complete the layout. Still processing HD as I write this.

Spelling of track name is so no one confuses it with the famous cheese! Just waiting on someone making a bike and sidecar mod to try on this layout though!!!
Attached images
LFS Wendslydale.png
LFS Wendslydale 1.png
Attached files
LA2_Wendslydale Test Ground.lyt - 19 KB - 192 views
#2 - Racon
Thanks for the link to your distance tracker, but I couldn't get it to work due to "Insim: password does not match your multiplayer admin password".

As for the hosting bit, that's all beyond me, and I can't seem to get things to work. Think I'll raise that as a query elsewhere on the forum.

-----------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Used D distance tool to get 10,445 meters / 6.49 miles.
#4 - Racon
Quote from sinanju :Thanks for the link to your distance tracker, but I couldn't get it to work due to "Insim: password does not match your multiplayer admin password".

Ahh, it used to be that if you'd left an admin password set in the 'start new host' section, InSim would require it to allow a local connection even if you weren't in that mode. I'm not sure how that works now that the host is not local any more, but you could try connecting without a password before starting the host, or changing adminpass in the .cfg file to the host password. (That applies to all local InSims, not just this one.)

Quote from sinanju :As for the hosting bit, that's all beyond me, and I can't seem to get things to work. Think I'll raise that as a query elsewhere on the forum.

Aye, best ask Lapper people about Lapper... but it should be changing those two things is all you need.
You can make one lap with RAC - it has a distance meter, so you'll get quite accurate reading of the racing line length.
#6 - Racon
... if you don't wheelspin Wink
Don't wheelspin then Tongue
Quote from michal 1279 :You can make one lap with RAC - it has a distance meter, so you'll get quite accurate reading of the racing line length.

Thanks for that.Thumbs up

Will come in very useful in future.

Would seem that my measurements were very accurate, as car shows 6.5 miles.

Attached images
RAC Distance.png
Done it a couple times, it is really enjoyable to drive with BF1, while being quite challenging to get it right with the tyres. Cool track, really like it.
Looks neat, thanks for sharing!
hope the LYTe can update Frown

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG