The online racing simulator
#1 - osen
BL1Y Industrial park Super Stage (new 2024 version)
This is my first ever layout and I learned the editor along the way so don't expect anything close to perfection Big grin

It all started with wanting a simple and long rally "Super Stage" style layout in the Blackwood industrial park, but over time became more of a hybrid. As the curbstones are absolutely brutal for FFB and suspension I decided to add my own track style curbs. This means it's much more forgiving and even if it's mainly intended for road cars, it's also very drivable with nimble race cars like the FBM/FOX (even if the short gravel part is tricky with slicks...). Also makes drifting a lot more feasible.

The layout starts out at the entrance to the industrial park in which there's naturally a lot of 45 degree turns, but also some faster corners and chicanes. There's a U-turn at the end of the park and some of it is used in reverse direction. This leads to the gravel road, which in turn leads into the shipping container area which has some artificial corners using barriers and some AutoX style cone slalom. The last part is in the pit area and the finish is just over a bridge down to the car park again.

EDIT 2024:

With the new object limit I decided to revisit this layout to improve it. First half has some improved curbing and signage (but otherwise mostly the same) while the second half (which I was never very happy with) has been revamped with partly new routing. It's maxed out at 3000 objects and is now about 9.5km/5.9mi in total.

I've attached an overview of the route. The color changes indicates that it loops back and uses some of the layout in reverse.

With mods now being a part of the game I've had a lot of fun with some of the rally mods on this layout. For balls to the walls runs I recommend some sort of tire cooling mod as it's very hard on the tires. First half before the gravel is also decent for street drifting.

Here's a run, recommend watching at 2x speed:

Attached images
superstage_route.jpg
Attached files
BL1Y_SuperStage_by_osen_v2.lyt - 24.8 KB - 29 views
#2 - Racon
I love the industrial section and the curbs are super-smooth, nice work.

PS: 5.25 miles / 8.45 km
#3 - osen
Quote from Racon :I love the industrial section and the curbs are super-smooth, nice work.

PS: 5.25 miles / 8.45 km

Thank you, glad to hear you liked it Smile And thank you for the distance measurement, mind sharing how you got those numbers? Looking
#4 - miata
Thanks for Sharing Osen. Great fun especially the industrial area.
#5 - Racon
Quote from osen :Thank you, glad to hear you liked it Smile And thank you for the distance measurement, mind sharing how you got those numbers? Looking

I made an insim odometer when driving a RAC very carefully got to be too much trouble Big grin
#6 - osen
Bump for new 2024 version with improvements, partly new routing and full utilization of the new 3000 object limit (see edit).
Very nice layout and perfect driving. It was very intense to watch, tnx man Smile
#8 - osen
Quote from rane_nbg :Very nice layout and perfect driving. It was very intense to watch, tnx man Smile

Glad you liked it Smile The YouTube clip was from the old layout, I've added one of the updated version instead for those interested.

BL1Y Industrial park Super Stage (new 2024 version)
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG