The online racing simulator
LFS Closes after ~1min after trying Oculus
Hey, so my friend lent me an oculus quest to try out, I of course tried it out in LFS, that went smooth.

The issue is, now when I open LFS, it launches oculus Link software anyway, even when I set it to 2D mode and after 1 minute LFS just closes without an error msg, it doesn't matter if I'm in menu or on the track. Any ideas? Thanks

//edit: I don't have the oculus anymore, so it's not connected
Hi! I have this with an Oculus Rift CV1 as well. Here is my way of reproducing it:
- set LFS to 3D mode, that automatically launches Oculus software in the background. Works fine, can drive fine with the headset
- exit LFS
- disconnect Rift (I unplugged both headset and sensor USB cables, left HDMI in)
- open LFS, red "Could not initialise Oculus Rift headset" message, but seemingly it defaults to 2D mode (confirmed that in Options)
- exit the still running Oculus software, confirming closing a "running VR app"
- LFS crashes after ~15-20 seconds, regardless of being on-track or staying still in menu

Additional note, when running LFS again after the crash, it still tries to enable 3D mode, and if Rift is still disconnected, the red "Could not initialise Oculus Rift headset" error appears. It still automatically launches the Oculus software, and when I close that, the crash happens again after some seconds. I can loop this many times.

The only way to stop LFS crashing, is to Close LFS the way it's supposed to be closed (by clicking Exit in-game) while it's in 2D mode. Based on this, the constant crashing might be related to settings not being saved (since it crashes and misses the usual exit of LFS, when settings are saved, I guess), that way LFS always tries to start in 3D mode, and launches Oculus sw as well.

(attached deb.log in .txt format, but I found nothing there, only traces of the startup)
(if you need any more help debugging, I have the CV1 here and can try out things)
Attached files
deb.txt - 1.1 KB - 107 views
Yes that is exactly the bug I had. Thanks, exiting with the in-game exit button fixed the issue for now.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG