The online racing simulator
Heusinkveld Hand brake over writes Fanatec Wheel/Pedal set up
This may not be a BUG..

Unable to assign a 3 axis Pedal and Heusinkveld Hand brake together.
Are the controllers listed at the top right of the controllers screen?

If you have only a single controller selected, then you may need to click "other controllers" at the top right (of Options - Controls) so that all connected controllers are used.
Quote from Scawen :Are the controllers listed at the top right of the controllers screen?

If you have only a single controller selected, then you may need to click "other controllers" at the top right (of Options - Controls) so that all connected controllers are used.

Yes it has located 4 inputs
  • DD2 Wheel
  • DD2 Wheel (same as above)
  • Hand brake unit
  • Sim box button box
OK, so they are all listed. So they should report separate axes. If you open the axes tab, then move the axes around, can you see the axes moving at the bottom right of the screen?

If so then you should be able to click on each axis function and assign the required axis to it.
Thanks for the reply, but it still isn't visible on the Axis screen when you are setting up the DD2 wheel.

If I click onto the Hand Brake and go to the Axis screen it is visible and can be assigned. But then you lose all of the other preset axis (Wheel, Clutch etc)

Is there something simple I am missing to lock the other axis before going into the hand brake?
** Best answer **
Hi, I have got a feeling you are selecting one of the controllers at the top right, but actually the individual controller selection is only for if you want to select one individual controller and not use any others. (For example it is possible to have two instances of LFS of LFS on one computer - one of them uses steering wheel A and the other uses steering wheel B).

In your case, you want all the axes of all the controllers to be available, so you need to select "other controllers" at the top so they are all available, and not only one particular controller is selected.

At that point you should see *all* the axes from all the controllers, up the bottom right of the screen (if the axes tab is open).

Then, you most probably need to manually assign functions to axes. LFS makes a reasonable attempt at automatically connecting axes when only one controller is connected, but doesn't know what to do with multiple controllers. But you should find it easy enough to manually assign them. Click each function, identify the axis (by moving the physical controller and seeing which axis moves) and select. As there are only a few axes it shouldn't take long. Then do similar with the buttons, select the function and press the button until it's all set up how you want it.

Some more information in the LFS Manual:
https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Setting_up_the_wheel
Thank you so much...

It was as simply as scrolling to the bottom of the axis list..

I feel super stupid...
Thanks! Good to hear you got it sorted. Smile

Heusinkveld Hand brake over writes Fanatec Wheel/Pedal set up
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG