The online racing simulator
Automatic clutch with "creep mode"
Since I'm fond of driving automatic myself, I have a suggestion:

Add an option for a "creep mode".
So when the player has automatic clutch/automatic shifting selected, have an option to let the automatic clutch slip a little, even when the engine is idling.
When you let go off the brake, the auto-clutch will automaticly engage just slightly, as if it were a real automatic transmission. In real life, you'll see this on most automatic cars, even some semi automatics (automated manuals) come with this feature programmed in the ecu/computer.

To get the idea, please search for "tesla creepmode" on youtube.
I know Tesla is electric, but it gives you the idea of what I mean.

EDIT: I REFRAIN FROM THIS SUGGESTION.
That's actually not that hard to program. You'd need to run a script with lfs but that's not too much of a pain. So yeah that would be possible as an addon.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :wow that was the second fastest reply i had on these forums lol. welldone Big grin

i asked for you here Marty :

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1964079#post1964079

Hahahah yes I have email notifications on. Well, I am in my final exam period at school so I am quite busy but if you would tell me what control configuration you have, I could do that for you. Hopefully at least lel.
Quote from Marty_Deslions :ty.

Btw i noticed the pact mod gearbox thing only works for the 6 speed tranny.

I hope it just gets implented in the LFS game, not just a mod.

Yeah, its made for Fz5. Was too lazy to implement other vehicles haha
Hi Marty

Cars with automatic gearbox typically don't have a clutch, they have a torque converter which operates it completely different way from a clutch (even though many TCs have a tiny clutch inside for complete lock-up).

Ones that do have a clutch (typically dual-clutch transmissions) usually don't really creep forward, like torque converter automatics do.
Quote from Cutie pie :Hi Marty

Cars with automatic gearbox typically don't have a clutch, they have a torque converter which operates it completely different way from a clutch (even though many TCs have a tiny clutch inside for complete lock-up).

Ones that do have a clutch (typically dual-clutch transmissions) usually don't really creep forward, like torque converter automatics do.

Well yes, but also no.

Many (if not most) double clutch transmissions have a creepmode build/programmed in it. Like Volkwagens DSG, which can also be found in many other cars by the Volkswagen group.

Even single clutch automatic transmissions (aka Automated manuals, aka semi automatics) have a sort of creep mode build in, but not all of them. I know older Smart models don't creep. Also the Selespeed transmission from Alfa/Fiat doesn't creep. But like the Sensodrive transmission from Citroën does creep. So does the Easytronic or whatever the name is, by Opel.

And yes, because it don't have a torque converter but a clutch, it works different, and manuafactors can simply choose (or dont) to have a creepmode build in it.

Maybe its because automatic tranny drivers are used to it, maybe its just bc convenience (like for instance, parking). Maybe just to emulate a traditional (tc) automatic.
Quote from Marty_Deslions :Well yes, but also no.

[...]

Ha, my bad, I have done a brain poop - assumed how all DCT's work based on just a single DCT car that I have ever driven in my life.

Do creepy DCT's creep regardless if they have dry clutches or wet clutches? Wouldn't it cause an extremely fast clutch wear in the first case?
Quote from Cutie pie :Ha, my bad, I have done a brain poop - assumed how all DCT's work based on just a single DCT car that I have ever driven in my life.

Do creepy DCT's creep regardless if they have dry clutches or wet clutches? Wouldn't it cause an extremely fast clutch wear in the first case?

That I don't know for sure.

But from my personal experience, I noticed how when its in Drive and at a standstill with foot on the brake, the clutch doesn't push as bad. But like when you slowly lift you foot off the brake, at some point the clutch will start to engage. Lets say for intstance between 0% and 20% brake pedal, the clutch engages abit (tends to creep) and like 20% to 100% brake pedal, the clutch is full disengaged.

However im not that familiar with all the technical things, but this bit from my experience

Edit: I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42zsFYjZvM
Seems it is this way

Edit edit: Also found this: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1331667

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG