The online racing simulator
Unable to get LFS to work with Fanatec DD2 wheel with V3 Pedals & Heusinkveld Ha
Hi All
Been years since I have played this game and was impressed to see my purchase was still active. So I updated to S3 license.

This is a new wheel setup for me and it is more then likely me not knowing how to set up my gear then the game.

But I can get the DD2 wheel to work and the game is seeing the hand brake and my button box.
The pedals are not working at all.

The V3 pedals are connected direct to the DD2 wheel.

Thanks
#2 - jkat
You have assigned the axes to your pedals throttle, brake and clutch in game options/controls menu and pedals are detected in same menu screen ?
** Best answer **
Thanks Guys..

That has worked..
Can any of you share your profile settings for FFB and steering lock?

Mine is still feeling like a truck to turn..
This is my 1st FFB wheel since the old MOMO Leather, had a non FFB for the last 20 years.

(Just noticed the Calibrate lock.. I will try that also when I get home..
Also.. Why would I be seeing 2 wheels (DD2) in the controller list?

Seeing DD2 (Twice)
Heusinkveld Hand brake
Sim button box
#6 - gu3st
Quote from SirDelton :Also.. Why would I be seeing 2 wheels (DD2) in the controller list?

Seeing DD2 (Twice)
Heusinkveld Hand brake
Sim button box

I don't have a DD2, but it might be because of button/axis restrictions. Because some of the addon wheels support a lot of buttons, where some versions (all?) of DirectX only support 32 (64?), so it exposes 2 devices to split the buttons so it can have more than the maximum
Sorry to keep this going..

I have managed to get the wheel and pedals working
But the Hand brake will not show up in the axis when the wheel and Pedal are, so I can't assign it..

If I click onto the Handbrake in the listed devices it does & it looks like I can assign it..

But then all of the wheel settings are removed.. Ie no wheel movement or pedal inputs

I have read this but it seem out dated in regards to the Hand brake.

Manual
https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Setting_up_the_wheel
Hi!

Does the handbrake show up in windows control panel?
Press Start and type "game controller" and start the "setup usb game controllers" app.

(As far as I understand it is normal to see two DD2 devices as stated above)

The handbrake might be named "USB Gamepad" or possibly "Heusinkveld sim Handbrake".
Select it and click Properties, there you can test it, and confirm which device responds to you handbraking. You can also calibrate it, so that it performs a correct 0-100% range detection. Calibration might be the reason none of the axes responds in LFS. Once done click OK.

Start LFS and go to the Axes screen, does any of the axes respond to you pulling the handbrake?

Also, do NOT click the Handbrake-device in LFS, I think that is used for selecting the Wheel-device, so click the Wheel-device once, and leave it there, otherwise that will reset your input config!
But then you can continue assign buttons and axes for ALL connected devices.

Pressing pedals, yanking handkrake, and turning the wheel, will move the corresponding asxi/slider, then you will see which axis to assign to which function.
Thanks Blade.. Got it all sorted now..
did have to play with the -1000 and 1000 settings but everything seem good..

So many settings on the DD2 wheel that can fine tune things more but so far I am enjoying the game.

Taking a bit to get use to the new simulator (old one wasn’t a FFB and had it for over 20 years.)
Awesome!

Also thinking about getting a DD2, currently using a Fanatec CSWv2.
I'm running FFB strength 31 in LFS. What value do you use for a DD2?
Regardless of which wheel you use, if you do not want to clip FFB signal here are my suggestions for %FFB in LFS per car. With these settings, LFS will roughly max out FFB for each car and have no, to a tiny clipping under normal driving. Crashing will cause severe clipping though, so you can take these values as your starting point. Adjust overall strength in wheel driver to suit your needs or liking. Bare in mind that this value is a function of many things: track, car, car setup and driving style.

XFG 34%
XRG 16%
XRT 13%
LX4 35%
XRR 11%
FZR 10%
FXR 12%
FOX 26%
BF1 11%

I got these values by visually inspecting LFS FFB signal at KY1 track at the limits of grip, using the direct FFB monitor tool which I made for my DIY wheel. Let me know if you would like me to update a list with any other car.
Hello everyone,
The animtion says that i have to make sure that all axes are recognized.
And here lies my problem.
Because the steering is recognized, but the pedals (Fanatec Clubsport V3)are not recognized. The pedals are connected to the pc through USB.
And in the list on top where you see your gear, the pedals show up.
So i don't really know what's the problem, and how to fix it.

I hope you can help me.

As you can see i'm a longterm member, but recently i upgraded my pedals, and now i can't play anymore.
Quote from SirDelton :steering lock?

Just use 1080 in profiler, same for the game and set wheel turn compensation (that slider under "wheel turn" in the game) to 1.0 because it will give u automatic adjustment to the car u driving.

Quote from Mindjuh :
And in the list on top where you see your gear, the pedals show up.
So i don't really know what's the problem, and how to fix it.

Make sure u haven't selected one specific controller. If u don't have "other controlers" button and u have list of all controlers that means it's fine.
Go to Axes/FF and check if any of the axes on the right side of screen react to pedal inputs.
If it works here u have answer above. If it don't work... IDK what's the issue then but sometimes when I launch LFS, some of my controllers don't wanna work too. In my case launching Assetto Corsa or restarting PC fixes that somehow.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG