The online racing simulator
New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
Quote from Botswanan Salama :I know I can take those WR's back if I want. That isn't the problem. I'm disappointed that some of the laps that were pretty much maxed out were thrown into a bin for nothing. As I said, it would be ok if it was necessary because of updates, but these R4's didn't add anything to the sim. They only ruined oval hotlap tables. Why not reset hotlap tables every week for fun? Smile Everyone still has equal chances to be the first. See the problem now?

This only shows that oval WR's don't matter anything to you and that you are unable to think that not everyone share the same opinion with you.

This can take anything between 1 and 10 years to happen so it's a bad excuse to wipe some hotlap tables now without any reason.

So what is it? Cruise sim? RallyX sim? Drifting sim? Ovals are part of the sim so it is as much oval racing simulator as anything else.

Don't take it so seriously. Put some R4's under your cars and go set some new WR's. Smile
Quote from Bose321 :Don't take it so seriously. Put some R4's under your cars and go set some new WR's. Smile

What's the point? Maybe R5's will be added next week.
Seems you don't seem to have much idea how things work around here.

You can only really be upset with yourself for not spotting this during the test patch phase.

Better get over it and go and have some fun racing and hotlapping.
Quote from Scawen :You can only really be upset with yourself for not spotting this during the test patch phase.

No, I won't be upset with myself that I didn't notice your mistake.
Case closed for me.
It's your mistake. This is the beauty of public test patches.

Learn and move on.

Also: It's actually a good thing that there is some new opportunity for some hotlap activity. So your failure to bother to test your own special interest has resulted in some good fun for a few people. So that's good! Big grin Thumbs up
When can we expect to fix eric kerbs
Botswanan Salama : go and beat the noobs exploiting the physics to take back your WR
Anyway, those oval laps flat out with the hardest tire compounds possible with max pressure and no downforce are ... not very appealing for sure ...
Quote from Viperakecske :When can we expect to fix eric kerbs

I can help you out there! We've been working on a major overhaul of all the tracks, which you seem to have missed!

Follow this link then scroll right down to the bottom of the page, there are a load of links full of information.

https://www.lfs.net/report-sep2020-so

I recommend you sign up for our newsletter then you won't miss out on important information. Thumbs up
Yeah but dont you think fixing eric kerbs is more important than adding pit arrows and stuff? Tongue
Amazing you read all that information in 1 minute!
I wont read cruise report
6 years of racing with mouse goes into bin with that update, sad.
Quote from Botswanan Salama :What's the point? Maybe R5's will be added next week.

Take a deep breath and let it go.

@Scawen, I hope you can ignore these people and just continue on the physics and lighting again. Looking forward to new updates in that regard.
"Every beginning has an end and every end has a new beginning..."

Quote from Bose321 :Looking forward to new updates in that regard.

Me too, me too!
Quote from Bose321 :@Scawen, I hope you can ignore these people and just continue on the physics and lighting again. Looking forward to new updates in that regard.

Yeah it's no problem, thanks. I've been clearing up after the massive push I've been doing for the last several weeks. I'll be moving onto actual code in the development version tomorrow. The good thing is all the updates from the public version have been merged already so I can move on quickly.

Some people seem to have mental health issues, maybe they have been indoors too much. When a new patch that gives a huge amount of possibilities is something to complain about, you should have a little think about what you have become.

I suggest you need to get out of the house for at least a short walk *every day* despite any lockdown restrictions. Exercise is very important and can help you to keep a good understanding on what is important.
I am just happy that this good old game gets some updates. I enjoyed it back in the days and I hope newcomers will be able to enjoy the new era too
R4 is only an inconvenience those who do hotlapping:
- 9 wr titles lost with this small change (yet), only oval track, which doesn't sound a big deal. Grinding out the best lap with the perfect line could take hours.

"XFR and UFR maximum steering lock increased to 30 degrees
LX4 and LX6 maximum steering lock increased to 45 degrees"

I'm curious how this would affect the small tracks with sharp turns: WE karting, south city.

Anyways ppl will stop being salty in 1 week Smile and im sure they do appreciate the progress (i was too because i had to re-do these laps, end of the world you can imagine)
I am very happy with this update, and enjoying it too!
Quote from Paprika6 :
Anyways ppl will stop being salty in 1 week Smile and I'm sure they do appreciate the progress (i was too because I had to re-do these laps, end of the world you can imagine)

People will get a grip and move on about their hotlaps...
Thanks for the update. New features are super cool.
Scawen you are very patient in your answers!
Unrelated to the current issue, this 'blaming the public beta testers attitude' is totally wrong. The developer is definitely responsible for any bugs or issues in the game, if the community fail to find them it is still the fault of the development team.

Now whether this issue with the tyres is an actual issue, I'm unsure, but as it has actually effected the balance of the game. Whether the community see it as a positive or negative balance change, the community didn't make the change, the developers did. The devs are wholly responsible for it.
There's a truck load of complaining about the new update messing with oval lap times for a community that can't even get an oval racing league going regularly.
I guess the turning angles of the xrt and fz5 tools have changed, now we spin more easily

@scawen
Quote from BerdyGaming :There's a truck load of complaining about the new update messing with oval lap times for a community that can't even get an oval racing league going regularly.

Oval Racing isn't much fun with only 2 ovals, both of which are very atypical compared to most ovals. One of which has been so unsuccessful IRL that it's not even a race track anymore.

New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG