The online racing simulator
Cannot get separate wheel and pedals to work together
I have a Fanatec CSL Elite wheelbase and Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals that are recognized in the LFS Options>Controls configuration as 2 separate controllers. I can configure each independently, including all the buttons on the wheel, all pedals on their own axis, etc., however, I cannot get them to work at the same time.

In other words, I can select each controller to configure it, but when I launch into a track session I either get the wheel/shifter/buttons to work, or I can get the pedals to work...not both. I can see how someone with a DD1 and Heusinkveld pedals, or anything similar, would have the same issue.

How do I get both controllers to load into a session at the same time?
Don't select one controller in the controller menu, as the game focuses on that controller if you select it on the list. If you've one selected, click on "other controllers : 1" to revert the selection.

Basically the controller selection should look like this for the separate controllers to work together (with the exception of the controller names, of course):
Attached images
lfs_00000027.png
Thanks for the quick response Nikopdr. To clarify, I can select each controller to configure them, but I did experiment loading into a session with "All controllers detected" as well as with the individual controllers listed. When I loaded with All Detected, the steering wheel took the priority and I the pedals did not work.
Just did a bit of testing with my two controllers and one question popped to my mind. Have you tried configuring the axises without selecting any of the controllers in the list?

It seems if i setup the axis to how i want with one of the controllers selected, the axis selection disappears once i take the selection out to "enable" both of the controllers. Seems quite logical though, as when you select a controller it only shows the axis of that controller in the axis list.

No problem though, this issue is fresh in my memory as there was one guy who i've seen have the same issue in one finnish lfs discord that i'm in who i also tried to help with the same solution. I don't know if he got it fixed as he went quiet after i tried to give this same advice to him. Big grin
I have. When I set the config to show all controllers and start steering and using the pedals, only the steering axis is active on the right. The only way to get the pedals to show in the axis config is if I specifically select the pedals. I hope this makes sense.
It does, altough that goes beyond my limited knowledge of this stuff, sorry. Big grin

I have heard of an issue where someone had a thrustmaster wheel with what i think was G27 pedals, connected to the thrustmaster wheel base that caused some issues with pedals not being able to be seen in the axis menu. I think that was fixed with having separate usb connections for the wheel and the pedals. If you have your pedals connected to the wheel base maybe that could be the problem as well. If not, then i'm afraid i can't help as that's all i know about this subject. Big grin
Thanks for trying, nikopdr.

Anyone else who might have ideas, I should clarify my setup. My Fanatec shifter is plugged into the back of the Fanatec CSL Elite wheelbase, which is plugged into my computer via USB. My pedals are plugged directly into another USB port. This setup has worked without a hitch in every other racing sim I play.

I hope this helps.
#8 - gu3st
Thanks gu3st. I did see this before. However the Available Axes do not react to both wheel and pedals at the same time. I need to select the specific controller to get the axes to work per device. Weird...
Quote from rcr286 :Thanks gu3st. I did see this before. However the Available Axes do not react to both wheel and pedals at the same time. I need to select the specific controller to get the axes to work per device. Weird...

Dose anyone have idea of this issue? I think I meet the same problem
Is there a possibility to plug in the pedals as a stand-alone USB device, rather than through the wheel base?
When you open game controllers do you see two or one device related to your wheel?
Hi rane_nbg. I use a different brand of pedals than my wheel, so they are a stand alone usb device, and my wheel is another.
I'm having a similar issue
Quote from rcr286 :Hi rane_nbg. I use a different brand of pedals than my wheel, so they are a stand alone usb device, and my wheel is another.

I've got a Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer wheel and Logitech G25 pedals with PerfectPedal and Bodnar Cable. They are listed as separate controllers, of course. I also have a separate handbrake. I can configure them all individually, which requires selecting each one by itself. But then when I go back to seeing all controllers, it looks like it defaults to just the wheel (the other axes don't show anything when moved). In game, the steering wheel works but the others do not.
Just a follow up - I got this to work. I reinstalled LFS and clicked on the numbers next to the axis name instead of the name itself to get it to be recognized. I don't know if it works now because of the reinstall or if it was user error the whole time, but I hope this thread helps someone else.

Cannot get separate wheel and pedals to work together
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG