The online racing simulator
New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
New LFS Version 0.6V
Hello Racers,

We are pleased to announce a new update with a lot of new features, fixes and improvements. This is not the graphics update we have been talking about in recent progress reports. This one still uses the same physics system as the public version it replaces, but allows a wider range of setup options for some of the cars.

We have had requests over the years to allow more possibilities for rallycross and drifting. We were able to implement these changes by making a new version that could not connect online with the old version. Wider steering angles and a wide range of tyres are now possible on the GTR cars by selecting a new ALTERNATE configuration in the setup screen. This also allows some interesting possibilities for hard track racing as narrower tyres can be selected, which can help when creating lower powered racing classes for some events.

As we were making an incompatible version, it was a good opportunity to improve the prediction system that allows you to see remote cars driving on your screen. Every car's position, velocity, fuel load, damage and so on are transmitted frequently to all the other racers on a server. We have used various methods to make this information more accurate so the cars appear to move more smoothly. We were also able to improve some things about pit stops. For example you can now change tyres without being forced to repair body or suspension damage.

There are really a lot of updates in this version and we can't describe them all in detail in this news item. Please do have a look at the list of changes on the 0.6V information page. They include improvements for force feedback, controls including steering wheels and handbrake, more layout objects, VR, views, InSim and OutSim.

Read all about this update and how to install it on the Live for Speed version 0.6V page.

- LFS Developers
oh damn sweet
Quick question, I assume LFSWorld will not accept hotlaps driven with the previous version from now on?
The 'nice' thing is that LFS Lazy does not support 0.6V yet. Kekw.
I certainly didn't expect this today.
Nice one! Looking forward to doing some FXR off-roading Big grin
Wow, epic! Nice to hear, Scawen! Let's give it a try Omg omg omg
GG!

Valve Index VR improve?
HOTLAP UPLOAD ERROR:

You cannot upload hotlaps made with LFS version 0.6V.
-
(pajkul) DELETED by Scawen : pointless sarcastic comments just because one thing wasn't yet updated
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Scawen : pointless sarcastic comments just because one thing wasn't yet updated
Great job!

Just a suggestion, in my opinion you should allow slick tyres on LX4/LX6 and RAC/FZ5.
-
(Paprika6) DELETED by Scawen : pointless sarcastic comments just because one thing wasn't yet updated
-
(pajkul) DELETED by Scawen : pointless sarcastic comments just because one thing wasn't yet updated
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : replying to the sarcastic pointless comments
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Scawen : pointless sarcastic comments just because one thing wasn't yet updated
After Few minutes I've noticed two things:

- In Italian, the "Refuelling Allowed" option is still in English. The right translation is:"Rifornimento ammesso" or "Rifornimento consentito".

- With BF1 and road tyres, if the traction control is ON, it's always on when using gas. I'm using Keyboard, maybe with steering wheel and few gas, it's not a problem

- FXR with road tyres on off-road is fantastic!
Bug found
Ctrl+s (screenshot) produces "D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile failed"
Quote from Biadonsky :After Few minutes I've noticed two things:
- With BF1 and road tyres, if the traction control is ON, it's always on when using gas. I'm using Keyboard, maybe with steering wheel and few gas, it's not a problem

I think it's just high power-low grip. im a kb user too, in the oval above 220km/h TC goes off Smile
I dont think road super is faster than R4 on oval.
Tried it but no front grip at all.
Maybe whit correct setup can get close to r4 wr lap

KY1 OVAL FBM is now -0:00.030 faster than old r3 wr.
I dont see the point releasing new hard tyre
#16 - CSF
Quote from Scawen :...

Congrats ! Thumbs up

@Victor : I think you need must to open LFSWorld with the rallycross hotlaps for the GTR Big grin
Quote from Viperakecske :KY1 OVAL FBM is now -0:00.030 faster than old r3 wr.
I dont see the point releasing new hard tyre

But do you see the point of long periods of test patch availability? Wink
Would be useful to add option somewhere to limit the visual steering of the wheel to 720 degrees like in older versions or option to choose how much visual steering to have, just saying i use mouse as a controller. For now i lowered my steering angle to 29 degrees to get almost 720degrees visual turning of the wheel (29 degree steering angle matches 725 end to end)

EDIT: for example to have 720 degrees visual wheel steering at 36 or 26 or even 20 degrees steering angle
Quote from Scawen :But do you see the point of long periods of test patch availability? Wink

not really
The thing is that R4 tyres with open wheelers are never used in anything else than oval hotlapping. I bet they also feel the same as R3 tyres, they are just a bit faster on straights. So this change didn't add anything new to the game, it only needlessly made old oval hotlaps worth nothing.

I wouldn't mind if hotlap tables changed because of actual updates in game (like tyre physics, track changes or something else) but this was basically same thing as if you had reseted some hotlap tables "just for fun".

Quote from Scawen :But do you see the point of long periods of test patch availability? Wink

To me this just sounds like "Oops, we just broke the game, but no one reported this bug during the test patch period, so it's fine".
Good old unbeatable oval wrs worth nothing now Big grin
ky1 fox/fbm
Quote from Botswanan Salama :The thing is that R4 tyres with open wheelers are never used in anything else than oval hotlapping. I bet they also feel the same as R3 tyres, they are just a bit faster on straights. So this change didn't add anything new to the game, it only needlessly made old oval hotlaps worth nothing.

I wouldn't mind if hotlap tables changed because of actual updates in game (like tyre physics, track changes or something else) but this was basically same thing as if you had reseted some hotlap tables "just for fun".

To me this just sounds like "Oops, we just broke the game, but no one reported this bug during the test patch period, so it's fine".

That's right, but it's ok. Let the devs work on something valuable, something the community has asked for for ages now that will bring new life to the game hopefully. No more delays Wink who cares about hotlaps that will soon all be removed.

New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG