The online racing simulator
Flashing lights / Strobe
(11 posts, started )
Flashing lights / Strobe
Hi

I wanted to ask if add some emergency flashers that can be equipped for medical policemen and ...

Since there are already sirens in LFS why not insert the flashing lights?
This could be an advantage for Cruise servers.

That's all!
#2 - gu3st
Attached images
racing.jpg
-
(LOXISLOXIS) DELETED by LOXISLOXIS
#3 - gu3st
Perhaps I didn't make the red circle large enough.

Attached images
racing.jpg
Quote from gu3st :image

I suppose racers don't use command /siren? Why was it added if not for cruisers?

Quote from THE WIZARD DK :isn't it a race to catch a criminal in cruise?

It pretty much is. Except on custom layout and you are not driving same lap and it's changing, plus other cars that you have to dodge so i'd say it's even harder than racing.

I usually wouldn't care about additional light bars, or just some small lights on front, inside the car etc. But since new graphics patch has night mode and headlights system reworked i was wondering how that is going to look like on cruise servers. Because if you going to flash your headlights you won't be able to see 50% of the time where the hell you are going. So that is why it would be nice to have something else that flashes.
Could be done by a simple config change just like on GTR "Alternative" mode nothing major.
Ignoring the hating on cruisers, working safety cars would be so cool! Like said above maybe the version could be switched like we switch to alternate gtr cars in new test patch.

Attached images
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
[quote="ClasK_03;1963770"]Ignoring the hating on cruisers, working safety cars would be so cool! Like said above maybe the version could be switched like we switch to alternate gtr cars in new test patch.

Nice work It looks really cool!
I don't think gu3st's opinion deserves being given much weight.

Just take a look at how LFS's Servers are being used.

Test patch

Current

Exactly how many of those are racing servers? If we were to listen to gu3st's totalitarian principles LFS would be drained of life tomorrow.

LFS has many different driving activities, a large portion of those who enjoy LFS enjoy cruising, drifting and other forms of motorsport besides racing.

Cruising is a nice casual way for people to get into driving. Many of the people who cruise go on to get involved in racing. TC itself organizes racing events and has its own racing team. I've personally seen Scawen himself having fun on TC. People don't have to be one or the other. They can enjoy both.

I think being able to place a simple beacon on the roof of our cars would have all kinds of uses, and not necessarily just for cruise servers, safety cars it would be a good way to make ad-hoc safety cars without needing permission from the modder to mod their vehicle.
#8 - gu3st
Quote from tommer :

Thank you for bumping a dead thread with this pointless drivel.

Mod support already solves for this, as evidenced by some of the original "preview" mods being exactly a FZ Safety car (with roof mounted lights). The community can solve the "problem" at this point without wasting more development time on an irrelevant feature.
Quote from tommer :I don't think gu3st's opinion deserves being given much weight.

Just take a look at how LFS's Servers are being used.

*snip*
Spoiler - click to reveal
Test patch

Current

Exactly how many of those are racing servers? If we were to listen to gu3st's totalitarian principles LFS would be drained of life tomorrow.

LFS has many different driving activities, a large portion of those who enjoy LFS enjoy cruising, drifting and other forms of motorsport besides racing.

Cruising is a nice casual way for people to get into driving. Many of the people who cruise go on to get involved in racing. TC itself organizes racing events and has its own racing team. I've personally seen Scawen himself having fun on TC. People don't have to be one or the other. They can enjoy both.

I think being able to place a simple beacon on the roof of our cars would have all kinds of uses, and not necessarily just for cruise servers, safety cars it would be a good way to make ad-hoc safety cars without needing permission from the modder to mod their vehicle.

Good point! Now that we have cars with lightbars I would really like to see them incorperated better with the new graphical system. Not having them just be the indicators on top of the car. A new button to turn on beacons.

Having the lightbars actually emit different colours that effect the enviroment. Orange, Red, Blue, etc. No idea if this is actually possible in a resonable way, but it would be really cool!
Quote from gu3st :Thank you for bumping a dead thread with this pointless drivel.

Mod support already solves for this, as evidenced by some of the original "preview" mods being exactly a FZ Safety car (with roof mounted lights). The community can solve the "problem" at this point without wasting more development time on an irrelevant feature.

If you don't like it, just don't use it.
Quote from Drifteris :I suppose racers don't use command /siren? Why was it added if not for cruisers?

Originally this command would be for safety cars during races.

And open tracks (mode X to mode Y) would be for everyone who wants to create layouts (whether from racing to the Rally or even Drifting) to be able to perform larger circuits on longer courses.

Flashing lights / Strobe
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG