The online racing simulator
LFS is a work of Art
(46 posts, started )
LFS is a work of Art
Hello everybody!

I started Sim Racing on the Amiga with Indy 500 in the early 90s. I enjoyed Viper Racing, I loved Grand Prix Legends and NASCAR Racing 2003.

Some days ago I discovered the LFS Demo, and since yesterday I'm S2 licensed.
I want to say to the 3 Programers of this Game that what you have made truly is a work of Art, the Physic Engine is pure pleasure to drive, it feels so authentic and right, your Names will go into Sim Racing History. Thank for your dedication and realization of what is perhaps the best Driving Simulation available together with NR2003. Keep your pure Sim-ideology, I'm sure sooner or later a developer will give you an offer to include real cars, tracks and keep your freedom of programing at the same time.
And if not, then you still have made the perhaps finest Racing Simulation ever. Congrats already.

NASCAR Racing 2003 and LFS gave me Motivation to build a new Racing Frame. I cant await to drive the supposed to be Lotus Super Seven in LFS with my new Racing Setup which I look forward to arrive early next week. Soon I will Race on a 22" Monitor, with a 76 cm diameter fresnel lense infront (makes the Picture bigger and gives depth to it, Sim Communiteis say it works very well), together with the TrackIR/3dGlasses, and the Force Feedback seat of which I also only heard positive feedback from the Racing and Flight Simulator Communities. ( http://www.ivibe.com/ ) I think that whole package is gonna be a blast.

Thanks for all your dedication in bringing Motorsport to the home so cheap, I'm looking forward to years of happy Racing with you people

#2 - Goop
here here :up:
#3 - Micha
Hey...exactly my thoughts! Welcome to S2 and among this amazing community.
Quote from George Kuyumji :Hello everybody!

I started Sim Racing on the Amiga with Indy 500 in the early 90s. I enjoyed Viper Racing, I loved Grand Prix Legends and NASCAR Racing 2003.

I want to say to the 3 Programers of this Game that what you have made truly is a work of Art, the Physic Engine is pure pleasure to drive, it feels so authentic and right, your Names will go into Sim Racing History. Thank for your dedication and realization of what is perhaps the best Driving Simulation available together with NR2003. Keep your pure Sim-ideology, I'm sure sooner or later a developer will give you an offer to include real cars, tracks and keep your freedom of programing at the same time.
And if not, then you still have made the perhaps finest Racing Simulation ever. Congrats already.

NASCAR Racing 2003 and LFS gave me Motivation to build a new Racing Frame. I cant await to drive the supposed to be Lotus Super Seven in LFS with my new Racing Setup which I look forward to arrive early next week. Soon I will Race on a 22" Monitor, with a 76 cm diameter fresnel lense infront (makes the Picture bigger and gives depth to it, Sim Communiteis say it works very well), together with the TrackIR/3dGlasses, and the Force Feedback seat of which I also only heard positive feedback from the Racing and Flight Simulator Communities. ( http://www.ivibe.com/ ) I think that whole package is gonna be a blast.

Thanks for all your dedication in bringing Motorsport to the home so cheap, I'm looking forward to years of happy Racing with you people

Welcome to LFS, George, we look fwd to some pics of your racing frame etc

Demo users take note! This guy had the demo a few days then paid for the better experience S2 brings, no bludging off the demo for years for this racer

Cheers ShannonN
100% agree.
#6 - axus
Quote from George Kuyumji :I want to say to the 3 Programers of this Game that what you have made truly is a work of Art

LFS has only one programmer - Scawen Roberts. Eric Bailey deals with the 3D modelling and texturing and Victor van Vlaardingen does LFS World, the forum, the main site and so on (which are also works of art in their own right - the statistics page is absolutely brilliant).

#7 - joen

Welcome to LFS, I agree with everything you said ofcourse
That setups sounds great, make me jealous with some pictures later
And another Austrian fellow bites the dust... err, I mean, gets LFS addicted
Great post, and I 100% agree

Welcome, and enjoy!
Welcome to LFS George, you'll lose sleep over it.
Thanks for the welcomes guys! The Fresnel lens will take another week to arrive but I will come back to this Thread posting my new Raceframe

I'm also interesting in joining a league and I will take a look at the Austrian Racing league definitely after I learned the Tracks and made some more practise with those rear-wheel beasts :monkey:
Quote from George Kuyumji :

I'm also interesting in joining a league and I will take a look at the Austrian Racing league definitely after I learned the Tracks and made some more practise with those rear-wheel beasts :monkey:

good choice mate.
just a question about Scawen Roberts, does he Post in this Forum? And whats his username? Couldnt find it with the Search Mode.
His username is Scawen... You spot him easily, just look out for a red username and you got one of the devs...
As a simulator its fantastic.
as a work of art ... Its DX8 lol not really a "work of art". If the game was rubbish with good graphics I wouldnt buy it
Quote from George Kuyumji :just a question about Scawen Roberts, does he Post in this Forum? And whats his username? Couldnt find it with the Search Mode.

Scawen has 1200 posts here, so yes, he does post quite alot

The LFS devs are the closest to the community I have ever seen. Sometimes you half jokingly post a (reasonable) request, and swooosh, it's implemented in a test patch the next day.

I want to say to the 3 Programers of this Game that what you have made truly is a work of Art, the Physic Engine is pure pleasure to drive, it feels so authentic and right, your Names will go into Sim Racing History. Thank for your dedication and realization of what is perhaps the best Driving Simulation available together with NR2003.

Welcome. Much praise has been written in almost 4 years but its always nice to have new people recognize it.
Also by complementing devs you are also complementing community coz they are the 4th dev. You'll understand a bit better later i guess.
The references you posted, are what i call kickass simracing landmarks.
In a few areas n2003 is still king today, but the lfs prince is quickly gaining terrain on those and has long passed ahead on others.
More than a comparison i always think of n2003 and lfs as the only sims worth having on my hd.
Unless you count www.armadillorun.com as a sim also
You're not an RBR fan then Kid?
Quote from axus :LFS has only one programmer - Scawen Roberts. Eric Bailey deals with the 3D modelling and texturing and Victor van Vlaardingen does LFS World, the forum, the main site and so on (which are also works of art in their own right - the statistics page is absolutely brilliant).

We mostly looked at it as 3 developers, but actually there's only one of them that's doing all the codes/programs.....

kinda think of it, Scawen is extremely...

AMAZING!
Yayyyyyyyyy

Welcome to our addiction!!!

From now on U'll never play any other game!

Cu on the track

BlasteR
Good post, and welcome. Looking forward to hearing how your fresnel setup turns out; been considering one of those myself lately. (There are couple threads around here about them I believe.)

Enjoy!
Oh, my goodness. I've had this for ages, and I still suck!
Well, just like the Papyrus sims, even though I blame it on the equipment.
:-)
Now if I can keep it from blanking out the screen in the middle of a turn...
See. There's that equipment thing again... :-)

I absolutely love LFS, and I've never turned a lap on-line!
LFS is Great!

RW
#25 - axus
Quote from George Kuyumji :just a question about Scawen Roberts, does he Post in this Forum? And whats his username? Couldnt find it with the Search Mode.

He has some 1000+ posts on the forum - the LFS devs communicate a lot with their community.

LFS is a work of Art
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG