The online racing simulator
Quote from ELDemon :check replay previous page, + 5:20 take a look

I'm pretty sure drifting is too easy in LFS compared with real life. It's fun but the truth is it's easier than the real thing.

But 10mm less tyre width doesn't stop that being the case. Anyway I've said all I can say now.

EDIT: I hope to get it closer to the real thing in the new tyre physics. Actually in my current version of development tyre physics I think drifting is too hard compared with reality. But I'll be doing a lot of analysis to try to get things right.
Thank you Scawen I’ll do some hot laps as well with our teams this week end. The I’m also reading up on the other racing patch forums to see any additional info
Quote from Scawen :Thank you guys for your feedback and I am taking note. I'm trying to listen to what everyone says and I'm waiting for more feedback from the racers in case they try a bit of hotlapping in the GTRs alternate config this weekend.

It's really supposed to be a minor update but I did a few things while we had the change as this whole update is incompatible for various reasons.

honestly for me the 270 feel like race tires, good grip on turn exit in the gtr, but not too good for drift.

this car reminds me alot of the xrg, pretty poor until tires reach certain temps and it gets slightly better

here is a replay from the good patch...

timestamp 20 minutes
Attached files
smoothaf.mpr - 6.3 MB - 105 views
Quote from Scawen :I'm pretty sure drifting is too easy in LFS compared with real life. It's fun but the truth is it's easier than the real thing.

But 10mm less tyre width doesn't stop that being the case. Anyway I've said all I can say now.

EDIT: I hope to get it closer to the real thing in the new tyre physics. Actually, in my current version of development tyre physics, I think drifting is too hard compared with reality. But I'll be doing a lot of analysis to try to get things right.

well, let's just compare inputs here:

firstly view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vqRnGXPOwU

watch his steering inputs, very minimal, the car seems to be very predictable, and barely even any input to the wheel.

Xrr feels entirely different than the previous update, you say that it is meant to be a small update that affects very little, but surely you can see from our comments that in fact, it changes quite a lot, can we not give an option in the setup window that allows us to switch between the option of having the extra +10mm or not. I think this is a healthy medium.
Quote from Scawen :
It's not possible to make a perfect drift car by changing a few values on a racing car in a flawed tyre physics model. It's not going to happen, because impossible things can't happen.

I don't think there's too much point arguing about 10mm which makes such a tiny difference. I believe people were saying (as I found myself) that the FZR was faster than the XRR. I hoped to improve that with this update, by making such a tiny change to the XRR's tyre width, doing the same at front and rear so as not to affect the car's balance.

I do not see anything wrong with the FZR being faster in drifting than the XRR, this is the variety in cars that we asked for, including the variety of car behavior and car handling, at competitions in lfs you can always make it necessary to participate in intake restriction or ballast for balanced cars. So no problem here.

I have been a fan and a spectator of drift since of 2009, and for this I know about all the details that take place in the real competitions. Yes, there is a car for Formula D and wheels width with 300mm+, but usually they have 1000hp+ so I don't think this is relevant in our discussion. Imao 265 the width of the rear tire is better for XRR, this width is set to the maximum for example in RDS GP competitions who is the organizer and supporter of FIA IDC 2021. In DMEC you can participate too on 265 wheels and 285 max. And those with a 285 wheel usually have 600+ horsepower to effectively drive on it. So I don't see anything wrong with that. But 275 is ok for me too.

But I am pleased with this reaction to the feedback that I see from the Sсawen, thanks for supporting the drift community!
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :I do not see anything wrong with the FZR being faster in drifting than the XRR

In this case I was referring to the XRR vs FZR for hard track racing (not drift).

There is very little logic to trying make an ideal drift car with flawed tyre physics, based on a racing car with very few changes. It's not going to happen. But given that I'm only prepared to make one config (in this so-called minor update patch) there is some importance in making the XRR work well against the FZR for hard track racing.

That's why I'm waiting to hear from more people including some hard track hotlap or race results. I have to hear from more people.

I very much hope that I do not need to make another change. I want to release this update and get back to the development version.
Quote from Scawen :In this case I was referring to the XRR vs FZR for hard track racing (not drift).

There is very little logic to trying make an ideal drift car with flawed tyre physics, based on a racing car with very few changes. It's not going to happen. But given that I'm only prepared to make one config (in this so-called minor update patch) there is some importance in making the XRR work well against the FZR for hard track racing.

That's why I'm waiting to hear from more people including some hard track hotlap or race results. I have to hear from more people.

I very much hope that I do not need to make another change. I want to release this update and get back to the development version.

So in the current update you are expecting the xrr to match the current pace of fzr in terms of racing? I can try to arrange some races now to test.

although what I have experienced when racing AS4 with the alternative config ((XRR)), it requires a lot of fine tuning to feel right, sitting on previous race setup (r4 tire setup) but with that said, i have not been able to handle the understeer into corners and oversteer mid corner. Not sure if others have been able to tune out these problems but for me I have not felt a good feeling on track in terms of racing.

I used normal tires on XRR
-
(Cpl.Anger) DELETED by Cpl.Anger
Quote from ELDemon :So in the current update you are expecting the xrr to match the current pace of fzr in terms of racing?

No, I was trying to achieve a compromise.

It may be my bad driving or the setup but I find the FZR about 1 second faster round Blackwood than the XRR, both using the alternate config. In the previous version the difference was more like 1.5 seconds.

I think I described all this already though. Maybe I didn't give enough detail.
Quote from Scawen :No, I was trying to achieve a compromise.

It may be my bad driving or the setup but I find the FZR about 1 second faster round Blackwood than the XRR, both using the alternate config. In the previous version the difference was more like 1.5 seconds.

I think I described all this already though. Maybe I didn't give enough detail.

Okay, I see, maybe I missed some of these specifics. Moving forward would it be too much trouble for you to consider another config, one for rallycross and circuit racing the other for us drifters, (with options in drift config for tire specs)

I am happy if you can consider this in future updates once you have the important work out of the way.

I will do some laps at the blackwood to see what I can manage on both cars and post results.
So I find the FZR is much easier to drive on the new config on r4 tires compared to the XRR, also I don't see anyone racing using normal tires, unless at the oval due to the way they perform.

Maybe it is just me but the XRR seems much more difficult to drive quickly. Anyways results:

https://i.imgur.com/DzEzrhf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ITlvYVs.jpg

I could better the fzr lap very easily, but with the xrr not so easy for me.
Attached files
best.spr - 220.3 KB - 119 views
bbest13.spr - 57.9 KB - 107 views
The setup parameters are reset when the configuration is changed. For example: angle of rotation of wheels, type of rubber. (gtr car)
Quote from aanrus :The setup parameters are reset when the configuration is changed. For example: angle of rotation of wheels, type of rubber. (gtr car)

That is intentional, because the more extreme setup values are only valid with the alternative configuration.
is it possible to integrate Tweaker in game? can u do this?
Replacing the suspension/engines will be fun for cruise servers ... I mean to add alternative versions of all cars, where you can choose the version of the suspension between a double wishbone and McPherson, etc ... change the engine capacity or the number of cylinders
Quote from DGontarz :Replacing the suspension/engines will be fun for cruise servers ... I mean to add alternative versions of all cars, where you can choose the version of the suspension between a double wishbone and McPherson, etc ... change the engine capacity or the number of cylinders

This is "online racing simulator" and not the "online lego constructor" )))
If you were actually reading Scawen's posts, you should've noticed that this is supposed to be a MINOR update. What you are asking is way out of scope for this update.
I just asking and give ideas for next updates.
Quote from aanrus :This is "online racing simulator" and not the "online lego constructor" )))

What u mean? Its normal tuning
no.
Quote from DGontarz :What u mean? Its normal tuning

No. The original of lfs - true. No tuning, more racing.
That's why this game will die Frown looks the same like 10 years ago :/ 0 new cars, only 1 new track, 0 new options, 0 freshness and only small updates that change nothing
But i still waiting for Scirocco XD!
This thread is closed

Test Patch U25: Multiplayer Updates
(352 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG