The online racing simulator
GT2 Challenge 2021: Round 1 - Race Discussion
Hello racers!

Welcome to the 2021 GT2 Challenge! What a season we had last year with GT2 Challenge, the strategies were vast. We hope for more of the same this season, and given a couple extra rounds to play with!

We start the season at Kyoto National. Using 90% of the Kyoto Oval, plus the infield road course, slipstream battles will no doubt be in order.

Round 1 is on 10th January 2021. Pre-Qualifying Starts at 18:00 on 7 January!
the 1th??????????????????????
Omg frank

All the angles from yesterday's lap 1 carnage around Kyoto - GT2c 2020 Round 1
#8 - Sobis
Now this is an interesting timelapse! I'm wondering why was p10 chosen as benchmark pace and not p1?
I'm not following at all. P10 what where? Big grin
That is awesome! Love it!
Quote from Botswanan Salama :I'm not following at all. P10 what where? Big grin

all other cars have their placement generated in relation to p10. P10 car is the only stationary car in the timelapse, all other cars are moving forward-backward.
Oh, you mean p8. When p9 car passes p8, there is an additional animation for that transition and there needs to be enough room on the left side of the p8 car for that to happen smoothly. Also keeping p8 stationary and moving other cars gives a nice impression that other cars are going faster when they slowly move further right on the graph. I tested several things and this one looked the best.
Quote from Botswanan Salama :Oh, you mean p8. When p9 car passes p8, there is an additional animation for that transition and there needs to be enough room on the left side of the p8 car for that to happen smoothly. Also keeping p8 stationary and moving other cars gives a nice impression that other cars are going faster when they slowly move further right on the graph. I tested several things and this one looked the best.

Yes, I could see. Great animation Big grin
Any plans on doing one for Round 2? Would be interesting to see the front runners tussling and the shuffling of position during the pit stops and Safety Car period.
And of course if there's one for myself climbing from P38, because honestly I've forgotten my progress in the race Schwitz
Quote from MicroSpecV :Yes, I could see. Great animation Big grin
Any plans on doing one for Round 2? Would be interesting to see the front runners tussling and the shuffling of position during the pit stops and Safety Car period.

I'm working on Round 2 animation and it will have a bunch of new features and improvements.

Quote from MicroSpecV :And of course if there's one for myself climbing from P38, because honestly I've forgotten my progress in the race Schwitz

If you mean an animation that follows only the progress of one specific driver (like you) during the race, it is technically possible and I have in mind to support something like that in the future, but for now it would be just too much work.
Quote from Botswanan Salama :I'm working on Round 2 animation and it will have a bunch of new features and improvements.

Ooh, looking forward to that
Oh I'm just an idiot who failed to notice that it's only 8 cars, not 10...

GT2 Challenge 2021: Round 1 - Race Discussion
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG