The online racing simulator
setup controller for special races/leagues
heya i wish there is a setupcontroller or the option for the server to set a setup f.ex. RACE_S as standard for all cars on the server, that would be great for special leagues f.ex. formula cup where all race with the equal cars...

so here really only best driving decides. best to handle maybe a option to set a setup as standard but the server also looks if the setup is the right setup (suspension~, gear~, ...control) that everybody drives the exact same car

what you think bout thisss==???

regards
As a general racing principle i'm vehemently opposed to this, I dont want to log on to public servers and find I have a forced setup - my driving style (like many here) is very unique to me and I just do not get on with the suspension and steering settings some of you use (and vice versa).

There are times when the ability to do this would be useful, such as a pseudo kart league, but to be honest i'd rather wait for a go kart car in the game which Scawen did at one time express interest in after getting chasis flex into the game.

I can't think of many other uses for a forced set up, but I can think of lots of people setting up public servers where it is forced, and that thought is giving me nightmares.

In real life there are a few setup parameters that some championships do control such as fixed gearing and fixed tyre brand/compounds etc. But there is no possible control over tyre pressures, suspension geometry and steering configuration (some single car leagues do have limited suspension adjustment but this is based upon the design and limitations built into the car rather than specific regulations).
Quote from Becky Rose :As a general racing principle i'm vehemently opposed to this, I dont want to log on to public servers and find I have a forced setup - my driving style (like many here) is very unique to me and I just do not get on with the suspension and steering settings some of you use (and vice versa).

There are times when the ability to do this would be useful, such as a pseudo kart league, but to be honest i'd rather wait for a go kart car in the game which Scawen did at one time express interest in after getting chasis flex into the game.

I can't think of many other uses for a forced set up, but I can think of lots of people setting up public servers where it is forced, and that thought is giving me nightmares.

In real life there are a few setup parameters that some championships do control such as fixed gearing and fixed tyre brand/compounds etc. But there is no possible control over tyre pressures, suspension geometry and steering configuration (some single car leagues do have limited suspension adjustment but this is based upon the design and limitations built into the car rather than specific regulations).

maybe a lite version of my thougts as an option for servers...

i mean if u race f.ex. bl with race s in xfg u will never get a 1:33 time no matter how skilled you are, but if u set sum fixed components in setup and just let the racer setup personal steering, skin and tyres f.ex i guess it wont be that bad esp in kart series...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG