The online racing simulator
Newbie over here
(8 posts, started )
Newbie over here
Hello everyone.
I've just rented a server, but can't get a good "ping" (around 200-300, I wanted to be less than 100)
I just rented so me and my team could drift together, and we're from Brazil, can you guys give me a little advice?

I understand that the main server is located in Rotterdam, is there any chance I can change the location of the server I've rented?
I would advice rent a server in Brasil Wink
Thanks m8, I'll search one.
But I wish there was any way to do it from here, without having to buy VPS servers
Just rent something around Norfolk/Virginia beach USA

Brusa got completed August 2018. Should do it's job.

Landing Points
Fortaleza, Brazil
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
San Juan, PR, United States
Virginia Beach, VA, United States

Towards Europe its still rubbish. New cabling gets delayed and delayed (almost like a LFS plan, Ella link is now forecasted 2021.. But it should have been finished before Olympic games).

Quote from Troll3rBr :without having to buy VPS servers

Nothing wrong with that, as long as its a proper hoster and everything is configured well.
Yes, I started tracking sea cable development around 2013 or something.. Then they where already planning this Ella.link cable which was called different back in the days..

Had hopes it would be completed before FIFA 2014.. That didnt happen but sure enough it should be completed and functional before OG 2016. To my surprise this also didnt happen. Which resulted in a lot of complains from media broadcasters not being able to properly live report in Europe about whats going on in Rio. I was not surprised, all traffic is still going through a heavily outdated and totally congested cable from the year 2000. Total madness.

Quote from THE WIZARD DK :because this says 2020.

seacablemap says 2021. Before it was 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 .. Maybe you see a pattern in this? I do.

Anyway Brusa is new, should be low latency. Back in the days I wanted to test it myself.. Created cargame.la (latin america) with a server based in the USA. But nobody understood the theory behind that. In the end people from Europe started to practice/race there because it was nice and quiet on that server. Sigh Smile
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i noticed you wrote about that further up in this thread, so i tried to search it.
didnt find anything as it seems the

see right panel

Quote from THE WIZARD DK :5G

not going to work between intercontinental connections. Between continents only this cable system is where the complete internet relies on.

Notice on the map that there are only two direct cables from Brasil to Europe. One of them is not functional, which is kind of annoying because it's "only" 6200 km. In comparison; France to NY is about the same length and people from NY region have 80 ms ping or less on European servers. Brasil never can achieve that even if from Fortaleza (closed landing point). This cable from year 2000 (Atlantis-2) and the switches are so dead old slow.. Even doubt if its fiber yet.
Attached images
Imagftgfe1.jpg
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :
and yes i dont think the atlantis-2 cable is fiber too.
idk what it is, but i cant imagine it being fibers atleast.

well.. it is.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis-2 . But 40 Gbit capacity is hilarious these days. Also an outdated WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) technology is being used I presume.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EllaLink going to be 72 Tbit/s ... Once the job finally is finished (if ever ggrr Wink )

this would be great;
Quote :EllaLink is a optical platform offering secure high capacity connectivity on a low latency transatlantic route (<60 ms round-trip delay time between Portugal and Brazil)

Newbie over here
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG