The online racing simulator
Strange Bug
(9 posts, started )
Strange Bug
Hey all,
each time I join a server am stuck in a map different then other players, they cant see me and I cant see them, am like a "ghost" or something, some servers even returned me to the pit after joining because server couldn't detect me moving.
if you have any suggestions please tell I am eager to play multiplayer.
Things I have tried :
reinstalling
using a VPN to connect
changing user name
joining different servers
changing cars
playing tutorial
installing CMX
basically tried stuff left and right just because its a new issue and could find it online.
Can you define "stuck in map different others"? Do you mean different track? Like Blackwood or Aston?

Or do you mean that your car is on track but others see you in the pit lane?
Stuck on Blackwood race track, they don't see me at all but I can see in the message area (left corner)"My_username left pit"
For me something like this happened when i presset Shift+S and Shift+P at the same time, i could spectate but my car was in pit.

Do you get spectated immediately when you enter the track?

Are you sure you are connecting to a server which doesn't have restriction against new players? Some demo servers require a personal best time.
I can race and drive last server I joined didn't detect me moving and just considered me idle and returned me to the pit after me driving away from it for a couple of seconds, on thee other hand in my friend's no one saw me as if I didn't join the server.
so both issues are there
1-server cant detect me.
2- players cant see me.
** Best answer **
That's your ISP blocking UDP packets. Press Ctrl+T while on a server and that should be fixed.
figured at first its from the ISP they block a lot of stuff hence why I used VPN, thanks man it worked!
Glad it worked. Enjoy driving!
#9 - Ped7g
If you are using VPN to connect to the LFS game, then the UDP is being removed by the VPN or some ISP between exit point of VPN and game server. Your ISP could block only the VPN packets, but not what is encrypted inside them.

Generally for multiplayer games and low ping it is usually better to connect directly without VPN, but that removes one obfuscation layer, and maybe your ISP is actually blocking LFS packets any way, so it would maybe not help. But something you may try if you don't mind connecting directly (maybe you can configure your VPN to pass directly only the LFS traffic, and keep everything else being sent through the VPN).

Strange Bug
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG