The online racing simulator
Unfortunately as the devs explained, they don’t have the time/money/resource to spend on fighting these things.

Unless someone in the community is a lawyer specialized in these kind of cases and willing to pay for it out of their own pocket, nothing is probably going to happen...
I haven't seen this crack video on youtube. I'm not really interested in doing so either. But I'm wondering something, does this video generate ads like what other YT videos do? If so you can attack them there. Go after the advertisers and threaten to organize boycotts of their products and services. Before YT "cracked" down on racist/fake news/conspiracy videos, that's what people did to get those videos yanked. With the economy the way it is these days, the threat of a boycott carries some weight. As far as going after the crackers (LOL crackers) directly? Forget about the legal route. That's a waste of time. DDS attacks, and massive spam campaigns claiming the cracked versions are full of ransomware would be more effective. Maybe put up a sting site that offers a cracked version that really IS full of malware. What could they do about it?
Quote from Sobis :I was about to say "hey, LFS web page is translated to many languages. I'm sure they should have the web page in their native language" but then I tried to actually change my language. The web page is translated but as you said, the shop itself is not translated at all. Strange, never noticed.

basically only the menu options are translated, I didnt even knew there are translations. Looks like Victor started with it but never was able to finish the most important bits. Doesn't matter, my reply was not to put the blame on anyone.. But.. If your main marketing tool is a website and this website is only in English.. Then don't be surprised that the rest of the world sets up "alternatives".

There is also no language switch if you do not have an account but probably thats due to the fact that translations for the most important pages where never finished.

It's all marginal at this point, closing down and/or fighting illegal environments doesn't bring any substantial legal activity back. Updating the core does. Which happens to be in "the works". When this finally reaches some point of completion (testpatches are being released) I recommend to focus on the translation issue. It's quite important.

Quote from Racer Y : [..] What could they do about it?

you are chasing darkness with all these suggestions. It's really not enjoyable on any point in time so wouldn't recommend all this.
1º: a huge problem is a easy way of lfspro have to hacking the game, turkey and south america and i think africa too, comes to "cracked" version 0.6T because they works online but i dont know if they can unlock the s3

2º : the most famous youtubers about LFS here in Brazil say in your videos "lfs has no content to pay this certain value" or scream in facebook groups the game has dead

so a big part of brazilians follow this bad idea, barely get close to the forum (dont ask me why)

£18 here is like a 120R$ this cost a same value of Resident Evil 3 (recently released)
basically it costs a little expensive

I KNOW, IM NOT HERE SAYING THIS FOR JUSTIFY ANYTHING

a big part of brazilian community have less 17 years, aparently they dont work to buy games like this, and they dont understand how it can help the devs

and is very difficult to buy the game here, have some problems with payment

not all brazilians have "international credit card" to buy the game and the other way to get the game is paypal, unfortunally THEY restrict our currency, we only can pay BRL to BRL

can we do anything to help us brazilians buy the game?
a reliable person for resale lfs here

I believe that people would be more excited when they finish or update what is to come

if you can get someone to resell the game, it may give some result
it's risky to say something

nothing i said is for the bad of the game, i think they will understand me, its just what i think
I can remember the troubles I had to go through to buy this game. There was no easy way of buying it online for me either, had to book monkey with Moneybookers or something? Even went wrong the first time (never saw that money back). But still, I wanted to play LFS because of how it is/was. Too bad some people directly go for the free and easy and illegal way before putting any effort into it.
Maybe people can send the money via Paypal to one of the devs in their available currency instead of dollar/euro and arrange the devs to unlock their account? Via vouchers or something?
Quote from Sponge :Maybe people can send the money via Paypal to one of the devs in their available currency instead of dollar/euro and arrange the devs to unlock their account? Via vouchers or something?

You can also simply just buy it directly via PayPal in theory. But that would be more expensive because PayPal are money grabbers and calculate a fee on top.

YouTube advertising illegal stuff: cracked LFS
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG