The online racing simulator
LFS TV Director 0.3 (2020 Complete Content Pack Edition)
First of all let me make clear that the original creator of this software is Soeren Scharf and the original topic is here:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/14147-LFS-TV-Director%2C-Release-0-3

Now with that out of the way, let me introduce what I have packed/combined/made:

I guess most league racers and especially the hosts and streamers remember and might still use Soeren Scharf's TV Director 0.3. As it is a very well aged program, with minor efforts even working on the new Westhill V2, Blackwood V3 and Rockingham.

The original program comes without much content, and content as in .cam files and up to date .pth files are spread all over. Since LFS is still relevant, and thus this program. I decided to make a "complete pack edition" fully functional on the current LFS version.

My personal "patchnotes" for this special edition:

10.01.2020, Version 0.3 (2020 content version)
- added .pth (path) files for every current track + several open-configs
- added .cam files for every current track + several open-configs (WE4 and WE5 combo's excluded for now)
- added ALT .cam files for various tracks as well
- created simple .txt tutorial to create your own custom camera's
- created a simple .txt guide how to use open-config .pth files and how to create .cam files for them
- created a list of all .cam files included and credited original creators and editors where known

With my "Up-to-date" update package, this program can now be used on EVERY track and track combination. (apart from WE4 an WE5 combinations for now).

And eventhough it's basically TV Director 0.3 with a complete content package and some minor tutorials added. I feel we can use a new topic.

Also I would like to invite anyone to submit their newly made .cam files that are not yet in this package in this very topic. You can do so by renaming the .cam to .txt and uploading it as an attached file.

As I made a few .cam files myself, mainly for the updated and new tracks. I will soon also make posts "showing-off" each .cam file for tracks. Starting with Rockingham soon TM.

Without further uphold, the complete package is attached below as a .zip file. Simply unpack, launch, configure, connect and enjoy!

Once more all respect and credits to Soeren Scharf for this very well aged piece of software.
Attached files
2020 TV Director Content Edition 0.3.zip - 2 MB - 702 views
ROCKINGHAM W.I.P. Show-off
#camfile #01 by unknown???

#camfile RO2 by cholover7

#camfile RO3 by lucaf

#camfile RO4 by n3ox

#camfile RO5 by cholover7
thank you both rockclan and Soeren, great tool Smile
Nice!
Yeah~~~~
Working hard on making custom camera files for open config layouts!:
- Open Config custom .pth files, .cam files and the open config layout added at once.

Here is the first:

Aston Cup (AS22):
Attached files
AS22 Aston Cup cam pth layout.zip - 14.8 KB - 417 views
Second one, tricky one as Start is not Finish and therefor not part of the .pth file technically!

Kyoto North (KY21):

*Updated with altenative layout by Adebayor of KY21 for better camera coverage.
Attached files
KY21 Kyoto North cam pth layout.zip - 16 KB - 435 views
unbelievable work !!! congratulations !!! I do not know how to use the onboard and rear cameras, it appears that I check the file cvw.ini I do not know what to do there
Quote from d_cury :I do not know how to use the onboard and rear cameras, it appears that I check the file cvw.ini I do not know what to do there

To set these up you need to create the views in LFS without TV Director running, you can save the view manually with:
/view save

You can modify the custom view in options > view. It should automatically save once you exit the options menu at which point you can copy it from LFS/data/views.

For TV Director to provide you with the correct onboards you need to create a file for each view per car called:
XXX_incar.cvw

XXX_front.cvw

and
XXX_rear.cvw

where XXX is the three letter car code of the view you created.

Place those inside the views folder in TV Director before starting it up.
hello, how can made X layout path files?
hello, I can not find a camera on a ky1x layout, I edit and I type to place the camera but nothing happens, the file is well created in the path, if someone has an idea ..

thank you
Quote from mbutcher :To set these up you need to create the views in LFS without TV Director running, you can save the view manually with:
/view save

You can modify the custom view in options > view. It should automatically save once you exit the options menu at which point you can copy it from LFS/data/views.

For TV Director to provide you with the correct onboards you need to create a file for each view per car called:
XXX_incar.cvw

XXX_front.cvw

and
XXX_rear.cvw

where XXX is the three letter car code of the view you created.

Place those inside the views folder in TV Director before starting it up.

Also in the views folder create a new subfolder called "cvw7" and in the cvw.ini file add a new line 0.6U=cvw7
Then place your customs views on cvw7.
So i was trying to do custom onboard cameras on TV director, i did add the line 0.6U=cvw and did the said cvw7 folder, i added the XXX_incar/front/rear.cvw files and put the car name instead of the X's. What i dont get is how am i supposed to do those 3 custom cameras ? The only one that seems to work is the front that gives me the custom camera i set in lfs itself. Am i missing something ?
Quote from KevinRacer :So i was trying to do custom onboard cameras on TV director, i did add the line 0.6U=cvw and did the said cvw7 folder, i added the XXX_incar/front/rear.cvw files and put the car name instead of the X's. What i dont get is how am i supposed to do those 3 custom cameras ? The only one that seems to work is the front that gives me the custom camera i set in lfs itself. Am i missing something ?

It's currently only possible to have one onboard angle with LFS TV Director reliably. I'm not entirely sure why, but it is old software that is no longer maintained and there have been several new versions of InSim since then.
The only practical work around (*) I know of is in multi-car races to switch between different cars (car models, like from XFG to XRG or back) and their onboards.

(*)=That work around at least used to work when I was still streaming stuff using TV Director
Ok thanks for the answers guys. I really hope some capable guy will do a new tv director or even the LFS devs include some sort of TV director in thr game it self!
Quote from KevinRacer :I really hope some capable guy will do a new tv director

Already on it. Nearly all Sim Broadcasts streams have been running early versions of my new director software (shameless plug).

There's quite a long way to go before it will be ready for a public release and it isn't yet able to do much useful when running standalone (it currently relies on other Sim Broadcasts software) but that will change in future.
Quote from Degats :Already on it. Nearly all Sim Broadcasts streams have been running early versions of my new director software (shameless plug).

There's quite a long way to go before it will be ready for a public release and it isn't yet able to do much useful when running standalone (it currently relies on other Sim Broadcasts software) but that will change in future.

Nice to hear ! Good luck !
Is there a way that this changes cars automatically?

LFS TV Director 0.3 (2020 Complete Content Pack Edition)
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG