The online racing simulator
GT2 Challenge 2020: Round 2 Race Discussion
Round 2, 40 laps of Westhill International.

We have Pre-Qualifying for this meeting, it's being offered with the amount of signups, there will be a separate server turned on later for it.

Your thoughts and discussion are welcome!
Frown
Where do we post BC-approval requests?
can someone gimme pw?
-
(CSF) DELETED by CSF
Sorry everyone involved in my F-up Frown
Really good race, even if the result doesn’t show it! Was happy with top 3 in qualy just so I wasn’t involved in any madness. Race was going well, I was on to pull off the R2/R2 nobody thought would work until Pino went wide at T3 and collected me in T4, tyres flat spotted and I knew they wouldn’t last but was worth a try! Well done to podium cya next time Smile
#7 - CSF
That is up there with the best races I've broadcast. Mental, and 95% of it good driving mental.

However a message to all, just because Deko isn't about doesn't mean you can chat at all times. Respect the rules and your competitors by not chatting during the race. I suspect this will be re-tightened for Aston.
Today was racing and ping pong.
I will be putting out some notes following this race as it was all a bit mental but just a few quick notes.

As CSF said, chat was a bit out of control this time. Penalties for such were not possible to apply in the race due to all the others and stuff going on. These will be applied post race. Next time, this will be reinforced more and should there be a need, we hope to get these completed during the race. Chatting without permission need to stop, it is not fair on anyone. When permission is given, this needs to be for vital information and questions only which the majority are.

For the lap 1 incident, hindsight is a wonderful that and I think if the same happened again, I would have called red. My apologies for that but in the time, I chose the right action. This happens from time to time and will be noted for next time of which I don't hope to have.

Due to the number of penalties, some of them will be applied post race.

I am sure to be going through the replay several times to pick things out, both from my side and the drivers side.

I hope that next round will be back to the way we had round 1.

Thank you all for coming. As with every event, we will learn a lot from this race and will improve our operations where needed.
Regarding the penalty for Joe for his unsafe rejoin, I don't think he should have got a pen for that. He had to use the momentum he had to quickly get out of the gravel otherwise he would have got stuck.

As one of the cars approaching the incident, there was a clear view of a car stuck in the gravel as soon as we came through turn 3, and a yellow flag on the entry to the corner. Could also see what was going on via the minimap.

So, although he probably should have reversed off the racing line before stopping, given the general driving standards in the series I'm not sure it really warrants a pen. He had just got taken out of the lead of the race afterall Smile
Quote from IsaacPrice :Regarding the penalty for Joe for his unsafe rejoin, I don't think he should have got a pen for that. He had to use the momentum he had to quickly get out of the gravel otherwise he would have got stuck.

As one of the cars approaching the incident, there was a clear view of a car stuck in the gravel as soon as we came through turn 3, and a yellow flag on the entry to the corner. Could also see what was going on via the minimap.

So, although he probably should have reversed off the racing line before stopping, given the general driving standards in the series I'm not sure it really warrants a pen. He had just got taken out of the lead of the race afterall Smile

It's kinda like Vettel + Stroll incident, where one incident leads to another. In speaking, yes I don't think the penalty is warranted but then again he did pull out and stop right on the racing line, whereas like you have said it would have been better to reverse off the main line. In hindsight a lot of things could be done but I guess when you got wiped out of the lead with by a out of control lawnmower the only thing on your mind is to get back on track.

Just one of those things, really.

Think the decision made by the crew was right and justified according to the rules but just feels very harsh given the situation Joe was in Thumbs up
#12 - CSF
Quote from IsaacPrice :Regarding the penalty for Joe for his unsafe rejoin, I don't think he should have got a pen for that. He had to use the momentum he had to quickly get out of the gravel otherwise he would have got stuck.

I agree, it was a good piece of driving from Joe to get out of the gravel quickly. It's instinct. The first car on the scene has so long to see whats going on, but instead doesn't slow down into a yellow flag zone, infact they accelerate as they come to the accident out of the corner... That is more worthy of a penalty than anything else surely?

Cheers mate, I replied with the same response but no result ☹️
Joe:

Please follow the appeals procedure found in the NDR Sporting Code, if you do that I will assemble a review panel and we'll give it a go over.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG