The online racing simulator
Problem = Qualify stop without reason and race start automatically
i must switch off Lapper during the day before an event because, it start automatically the race each time a driver has a friendly message on qualify/training.

please, do you know what lines or command i must change or shutdown ? (in commentary or desactive quote for example)

Thanks a lot, i was on this probleme since yesterday as a simple user Shrug

edit : the problem is more well-identified : in fact, the qualify is stopped after few minutes and race start without reason ...
for the moment, i shutdown these lines :

Quote :/*
Event OnPB( $userName ) # Player event
globalMsg( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpb}%" , GetCurrentPlayerVar("NickName"), GetCurrentPlayerVar("Car"),NumToMSH(GetCurrentPlayerVar("LapTime")) ) );
globalMsg( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpb_rank}%" ,GetCurrentPlayerVar("PosAbs") ) );
privMsg( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpb_sesslaps}%" , GetCurrentPlayerVar("SessLaps") ) );
privMsg( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpb_servlaps}%" , GetCurrentPlayerVar("Laps") ) );
privMsg( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpb_avgspeed}%" ,ToPlayerUnit( GetCurrentPlayerVar("AvgSpeed") ),GetCurrentPlayerVar("UnitSpeed") ) );
privRcm( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpb_rank2}%" ,GetCurrentPlayerVar("Car"),GetCurrentPlayerVar("PosAbs") ) );
EndEvent

Event OnPBQual( $userName ) # Player event
globalMsg( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpbqual}%" ,GetCurrentPlayerVar("NickName"),NumToMSH( GetCurrentPlayerVar("LapTime")) ) );
globalMsg( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpbqual_rank}%" , GetCurrentPlayerVar("PosAbs") ) );
privMsg( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpbqual_pos}%" ,GetCurrentPlayerVar("Posqual") ) );
privMsg( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpbqual_pool}%" ,GetCurrentPlayerVar("GroupQual") ) );
privMsg( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpbqual_avgspeed}%" , ToPlayerUnit( GetCurrentPlayerVar("AvgSpeed") ), GetCurrentPlayerVar("UnitSpeed") ) );
privRcm( langEngine( "%{main_onnewpbqual_posqual}%" ,GetCurrentPlayerVar("NickName"),GetCurrentPlayerVar("Posqual"),GetCurrentPlayerVar("GroupQual") ) );
EndEvent
*/

but can't verify if problem is solved
Are you sure that is caused by Lapper?
I mean, people can just vote to start a race, which is an LFS function and not a Lapper function.
The code you disabled hasn't got anything to do with starting a race.

globalMsg = messages send to everyone who is on the server
privMsg = messages send to that particular player, who triggered the event
There are 2 sections of the LFSLapper.lpr file you could check -

'Auto restart'

'Race Control' - especially $VoteRestart

I never use these, and have no experience of them, as I don't do races on my server anymore. Only single lap layouts. So I have both these sections deactivated.
Quote from Yisc[NL :;1956248"]Are you sure that is caused by Lapper?
I mean, people can just vote to start a race, which is an LFS function and not a Lapper function.
The code you disabled hasn't got anything to do with starting a race.

globalMsg = messages send to everyone who is on the server
privMsg = messages send to that particular player, who triggered the event

i found this on an another topic with talk about "friendly"

this is not a restart, this is a start, it appears during qualify if a member done a good lap

When we saw this problem, we are 2 on the server : me and a team member which is driving to test
no one vote, i also disable voting in prevision of the race

the member drove a good lap during a qualify session, he got the friendly message rank and suddenly, the race is launch.

many of subscribers to the race who are just here for training warn me for this problem all the day before.

the only way i found to avoid this annoying problem is to shutdown lapper on my serv and just relaunch Lapper 5 minutes before race.

it's really bad, i need welcome text information on our team and orga with links for Discord to drivers who want to race LFS with them.
i need penalties also cause we have serv dedicated for short races all day for fun and promote LFS Wink
#6 - Racon
Do a text search of the entire lapper directory/subdirectories for a short part of the message you're getting, like "friendly"... that should get you to the right place in the code.
The messages are just the messages and can never trigger a race start, unless some other code is active to do such thing. If you want me to, I can have a look at the full script and see if I can find what causes these starts. Feel free to send me a private message, so I can share my email address with you, which then allows you to send me your script (or if you have multiple ones, the full Lapper directory).

Welcome text needs to go into the OnConnect event.
I made this for the team (AB.nl) I am developing things for:

Welcome screen
#8 - Racon
I realise the messages themselves don't do it, but if that message accompanies the unwanted restart... find one, find the other, no? I think I'd probably have to give up coding altogether if I didn't have wingrep to get me where I want to be Smile
Be sure i had search about these words everywhere to try to understand, i do not see ..or i do not understand what is triggered ...
i found something in the .exe but i do not have soft to open it correctly.

thanks Yisc, that will be great if you can take a look at these files

sure there is a clash somewhere.
thanks for your proposal about Welcome screen, i have this one :

sure it's will be great if links Discord or site will be clickable but this is really not my priority.

the priority is to have a Lapper which not start a race unpreviously Schwitz

i pm you to transfer my lapper files
Attached images
2020-05-09 14-16-53.501.jpg
Do you consider that my lapper directory found here V7.0.6.3 is possibly different than the Rackservice.org version ?

what a headache ...Face -> palm
I use Rackservice too Smile

Just checked, and the version of lapper I'm using on Rackservice is V6.0.1.3.

Don't know if anyone else on Rackservice is using a newer version, or if we're all using same one.

I use Filezilla to transfer files back and forth between Rackservice and my pc when I want to update and backup. I used Filezilla to download copy of the lfslapper.exe file, then checked properties.
Quote from sinanju :I use Rackservice too Smile

Just checked, and the version of lapper I'm using on Rackservice is V6.0.1.3.

Don't know if anyone else on Rackservice is using a newer version, or if we're all using same one.

I use Filezilla to transfer files back and forth between Rackservice and my pc when I want to update and backup. I used Filezilla to download copy of the lfslapper.exe file, then checked properties.

That's a very old version.
Tomfuel is on 7.0.6.3 , which is the most recent stable version of Lapper.
when i ask Rackservice to install Lapper a week ago, i specified that i want the latest version

is there a way to know the version of each directory or file in Rackservice ?
The easiest way to find out which version you are using, is when in-game on your server, type
!ver
I seems that Rackservice deploys 6.0.1.3 by default as I just had another user reporting that version to me.
Strange, as that's a really old version.
the problem is unresolved after a total replacement via FTP (7.0.6.3)

i just change the title of the post cause in fact, the qualify stop without any reason after few minutes and race start automatically

i notice 16min30 = 990sec today .. i do not know if it's constant

very sadness
a friend team has a fully fonctionnal server in RS with 6.0.1.3
version
i want the same ...

RS does not want to change if i can't provide them a download link
thanks for quick answer Yisc, but after weeks or research and wasted times, the problem was unsolved.
So RackService give me the proposal to replace 7.0.6.3 by their default 6.0.1.3
Hello! Just a few general questions...

1) Are you sure this only happens when Lapper is active? The random restarts does not happen when its inactive?
2) You've earlier mentioned that it restarted when Lapper gives a message? But now you feel its random?
3) What's the config time set to qualifying time (/qual=0 :qualifying minutes, 0 for no qualifying)?

Problem = Qualify stop without reason and race start automatically
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG