The online racing simulator
GT2 Challenge 2020: Round 1 Administrator's Notebook
All,

I want to start off by thanking you for participating in the inaugural GT2 Challenge. I do apologize for the delay in the results, there were some issues getting the systems back going. Here's some comments from me from round one.

The Virtual Safety Car

Yep, I'll admit it, that was a total muffed punt on my part. I am working on the full procedure. Here's how it should have worked:

The Race Director will call out "Standby for VSC". This is not a fixed trigger, this is a warning that it is coming - continue racing normally. Control will take a moment to prepare the response to the incident, and once that is sorted, the Race Director will call out "VSC IN 5 SECONDS", which is your cue to begin slowing. When the time elapses, the track status will change and speed tracking will begin. We will work the incident while you all tool about at around 100 kph. The InSim app goes through the MCI packets every 100ms, and each time you are over the speed limit (there is a bit of a tolerance before it trips), you will get one slow down message, and it logs your name and speed and time to a file, that the stewards will examine your case.

Once the situation is cleared, you will see a message "VSC Ending shortly". There will be no time warning with this, the actual restart is at Race Control discretion - but it'll be . When you see "GREEN FLAG", tracking is off, and the course is clear.

I am contemplating requiring TeamSpeak presence in events where we have this procedure available.

This procedure is not set in stone, so your input is still welcome.

The Preparation

It was very good for us, seeing lots of activity in the server in the days before the event. We hope the mood continues. I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying being back with us too.

I will be clarifying the entry and confirmations procedure a bit when I update the rules book - mostly just allowing deadline extensions if certain conditions are present. I'll have more on that in the coming days.

Button Clutch

The Stewards and I had a good long discussion on this, and a friendly nudge to one of the drivers to check his PM and get us the response we need. Each time we viewed the sessions, we noticed more and more, and know we had the wording in the current Sporting Code to penalize it, but we were aiming for beyond a reasonable doubt, and we found times that blew that up. The drivers did use button clutch. but no macro. As I posted in the protests thread, we will have words on it back in the Sporting Code by next round.

I think that's all for now. I'll take questions, comments, suggestions, etc.

See you all at Westhill!

GT2 Challenge 2020: Round 1 Administrator's Notebook
(1 post, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG