The online racing simulator
the car doesnt move
(9 posts, started )
the car doesnt move
hi just installed the game everythink looks fine but whenever i want
> to play the car just dont accelerates it changes gear but the car wont
> move doesnt rev or anything it steers left right but just dont
> move.thank you
Give a bit more of info, like what kind of controls you use: Mouse/Keyboard, Gamepad (Controller, Joystick) or a Steering Wheel.
Did you assign axis?
Did you turn off your car by accident or left it idling which the game automatically turns it off? Default Ignition key is I.
i have mouse key board and a game pad both works when it comes to stering, changing gears when the car stands still i know that with i you can start or turn of the car i know that, but the car wont rev it just dont respond when i apply gas,i didnt assign any axis ,is very strange
Quote from P60B40 :i have mouse key board and a game pad both works when it comes to stering, changing gears when the car stands still i know that with i you can start or turn of the car i know that, but the car wont rev it just dont respond when i apply gas,i didnt assign any axis ,is very strange

Did you assign the buttons to accelerate/brake?

Something I forgot to ask: Does it happen as soon as you leave the pits, or after?
Try first without connecting your gamepad.

Use the keyboard/mouse to play and figure out how to change controller (keyboard, mouse, other devices) and to assign keys (to accelerate, brake etc.).

Have a look at the LFS User Manual's information on "Controls".

A screenshot of the control screen can be viewed here.

Once you figured how to get that working, and drive around with keyboard and mouse without any issues, connect your gamepad and set it up.

You probably would need to set buttons (or axes, if the game pad supports it). The Wheel/Joystick section at the bottom of the control page has more info.
guys thank you i fixed it with keyboard but with my controller{microsft slidewinder plug e playgame pad}everything works fine but brakes and acceleration dont work the controller works because i play nfs mast wanted whith it it, changes gear but dont rev
If it works on that, it should be able to be configured on LFS as well. Is there button for accelerating or is there a mini-joystick?

Try this:

Connect your game pad.

Go to your Options > Controls screen.

Select the game pad as the controller.

Select the button for Axes / FF (that's for setting up axis/axes and force feedback settings for wheels/game pads)

When you are on that screen, press the accelerate (if you have a mini-joystick). You should be able to see the bars moving (on the available axes area). If you use a button to accelerate you wont see this.

When you see bars moving (for example, say X axis), click on "throttle" and then the "X axis" to set it up.

Have a look at this GIF from LFS Manual; it might help.
guys availible axes are 2 ?
For a wheel, there are usually 4 axes (if there is a clutch pedal).

1 for steering.
1 for accelerator.
1 for brake.
1 for clutch.

For a gamepad, I think its usually 2.
1 for steering.
1 for accelerating/braking (combined)

In Options > Control : check your setting for throttle/brake axes: it can be set for separate/combined/buttons. For a gamepad, I think it should be set to "combined".

You should be able to assign them accordingly based on your gamepad's hardware.

the car doesnt move
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG