The online racing simulator
Ghost truck LFS
(26 posts, started )
Ghost truck LFS
Make time trial version. So you can follow you own truck and go throught Big grin
likw colin mCRae ?DEVS only pls
Yo jati how are u?
put maybe ferrari buggati pls
good . you ?
Ed come demo me there
not today soryt DM later
OK
Ok
Quote from Jatimc :Make time trial version. So you can follow you own truck and go throught Big grin
likw colin mCRae ?DEVS only pls

????????????????????????????
waterfak
I think I understand. What he wants is a 'ghost car' function like some other games have, probably for hotlap mode (and perhaps allowing you to load a hotlap replay as a ghost car). I think this was never implemented because it's either seen as too unrealistic or simply isn't possible on the LFS game engine.
I like turtles
Quote from CozmicDragon :I think I understand. What he wants is a 'ghost car' function like some other games have, probably for hotlap mode (and perhaps allowing you to load a hotlap replay as a ghost car). I think this was never implemented because it's either seen as too unrealistic or simply isn't possible on the LFS game engine.

Yes Smile
I hate ghost cars, it's so arcade.
not to mention that a ghost car is a distraction on the track.
Ghost Car?
Attached images
Christine.jpg
Such a feature was available as mod from Kegetys
http://www.kegetys.fi/lfs/ (under Ghostcar)

It's based on a proxy solution for d3d8.dll (Direct3D 8; currently LFS uses Direct3D 9). I don't think that this solution works with the current LFS version.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)
I dunno.... What about a ghost track? Wouldn't that be fun?
Hey !

Someone tried the Ghostcar mod by Kegetys ?
I don't think this solution is still working...

It would be great if a ghost mod is possible for the current version of LFS! Especially for begginers (like me Smile. It could help for improving lap times...

But from what i read, a ghost car is unrealistic that's the main reason the devs don't implemented it.
IIRC "ghost car" (especially under this name) got somehow granted SW-patent in US for some racing game (can't recall which one, but way before LFS existed), and the patent owner actually tried to enforce it few times over other games. I don't know if Scawen was aware of this, or he didn't add ghost car to LFS just because of lack of time/will, but it may be also he didn't want to risk any legal action.
(just googled.. it's Atari and "Hard Drivin'" arcade videogame, patents were filled in 1993)
close enught
jaty gohst?
#25 - 5tag
Quote from Racer Y :I dunno.... What about a ghost track? Wouldn't that be fun?

*spooky Nintendo noises*

Ghost truck LFS
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG