The online racing simulator
Mods Mods mods and more mods
Yeah. I know mods are kind of a taboo subject, but This post isn't so much about this car or that track. What I want to know is how the original game interface will work with that. And how would those mods work with the existing game in multi-player. Like if someone was to make some track and have races for it on the server would you have to go online and look for the track? Or would you be able to download it right there on the main server as your waiting to join? And as far as cars goes. Would that be about the same thing? I guess what I'm asking is how well would access to these mods be in the original game? Are there going to be some sort of parameters?
#2 - gu3st
You've put the cart 10 miles before the horse.
Quote from gu3st :You've put the cart 10 miles before the horse.

No. I'm trying to plan ahead. More like get others (cough Scawen cough) to take it into consideration. It would really suck to have all that and then be almost impossible for everyone to get on the same page. All I have to go off of is NASCAR 2003 as far as mods goes and to be honest, those were a bit of a cluster to get sorted out just for single player. Multi player? Yeah good luck with that unless you wanted to just play with the same five people or so.
I think it's something that should be thought out a good ways ahead of S3 final.
Not just, "Here's a car" "Here's a track" and then hope for the best.
#4 - gu3st
It's just not a good use of Scawen's limited manpower to even try to concept anything. So many things can change between now and then, that it's not worth the thought process. Sharing these thoughts are even more dangerous due to how maniacal this community is

There's nothing for YOU to plan as you're not a developer of the simulator
distintos mods en pista
estaria genial que cada jugador pueda poner su mod de coche y que no vea a todos los demas jugadores con su mismo mod sino que con el que cada uno se ponga

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG