The online racing simulator
Driver looking left all the time
(7 posts, started )
Hi,
LFS has been working great for me for years. However I just bought a super widescreen monitor (samsung chg90 49"), and since loading LFS the game has got confused. I'm permanently looking about 45 degrees to the left. By pressing look right, I'm almost looking straight ahead. Presing look left makes me look to the rear of the car. Looking behind has me looking out of the right side-ish.

I tried turning the resolution down (native is 5140x1440) to several more normal resolutions, but it doesn't make any difference (although i'm sure a lower res fixed it last night - maybe i'd had too many beers...)

Any way to fix this? By setting my view offset to -0.75 I can see the road ahead, but the driver still appears to be sat twisted in the car.

Thanks!
Jon
Hm... make sure you don't have multiple monitors set up in LFS options - view (make sure it's 0 - 1 - 0).
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Quote from MandulAA :Hm... make sure you don't have multiple monitors set up in LFS options - view (make sure it's 0 - 1 - 0).

Thanks. Yes, double checked, it is 0-1-0. Also, just tried a completely clean install, and got the same problem. Interestingly, the setup defaulted to thinking I have 2 monitors - a centre and a left one. Even after changing back to 0-1-0 the problem remains.
maybe check settings in "Easy Setting Box S/W" (idk if this is the problem, just guessing)
Do you have a controller connected?
Also try different "Look Function" modes under View (joystick, axis, mouse x, mouse xy, etc), maybe the one selected is causing the issue.
I have a similar issue that I xan correct with custom view and 45degrees. Setting 0 1 1 kind of work but it streches the view too kuch. Weird.
** Best answer **
I fixed it playing with view to axis and unassign axis.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG