The online racing simulator
Engine sounds flat from interior cameras
Hello,

I have a weird issue - as soon as I use one of the two interior cameras, some cars begin to sound really flat. I made a quick video so you can see what I am talking about:

This began a few months ago. Today I did a complete fresh install of LFS, but still - FXO/FXR, FZR sound very un-beefy. I haven't tested all cars, can do if needed.

I tried:
  • Fresh install
  • Change audio output (Onboard sound, HDMI to screen)
  • Switch speakers (Living Room speakers, headphones)
  • Fiddle around in Shift + A menu
But since it is also picked up by the recorder, it can't be the speakers anyway.

The weird thing about this is that it's cross instance - every LFS installation I have has this. Which rules out a bug from a new version and also the possibility of currupt game files.

Are there any game files LFS stores and accesses globally (across installations)?

Anyway, it's a weird one - any help is greatly appreciated.
You probably get more of the exhaust tone from the rear external camera, which gives it a deeper tone. I suspect the front external camera will not have this deeper tone.
#3 - 5tag
I don't really hear the problem. Judging by the video it sounds just like it always sounded. You obviously get a different sound from within the car and from an exterior perspective.

You can adjust the cockpit damping in the Shift+A sound effect options.
Thank you for your feedback, I have to say that I completely get where you came from. I listened to the video with my headphones on and suddenly everything sounded like it always did.

And this is where I am completely confused now. If I listen to it via the living room speakers, the FZR onboard sounds like a vacuum. If I listen to the video on my phone, it also does sounds like a vacuum onboard.

But with the headphones everything is as I know it, interior is a bit muffled but the sound scape is basically the same.

How is this possible. Am I going deaf? Very confused now, definitely seems to be a technical issue, not an LFS bug.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG