The online racing simulator
The temperature displayed normally in F9 menu is thread temperature and not surface temperature. You can see surface temperature while holding ctrl+shift.
ok then im wrong.
Quote from Eclipsed :The temperature displayed normally in F9 menu is thread temperature and not surface temperature. You can see surface temperature while holding ctrl+shift.

#3 - Racon
Quote from Eclipsed :You can see surface temperature while holding ctrl+shift.

Today's new-thing-learned comes early, cheers Rony Thumbs up

So that's username/playername, FPS/clock, and now a whole new mode of tyre temp that I didn't even know I could get at and will massively cut the time it takes to get camber right, if not also improving the accuracy of testing.

Any other ctrl+shift magic I've missed? (what do you mean greedy? Big grin)

Aleksandr: Those vids were interesting, and a good demonstration of the difference and relation between surface and carcass temps... you could leave them in the post even if you want to remove the question.

Edit: Something changed in a recent patch, or I'm missing something? I couldn't see any difference to the tyre display with ctrl+shift held down (The FPS/clock changed, so LFS is receiving the keys). I did doughnuts and kept the wheels spinning constantly to go from blue to red as quickly as possible, on the assumption that that would maximise the difference between the two temps.
This is the video OP shared if anyone missed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0TlRkNWheQ

You're right, LFS temp simulation is inaccurate. Videos like this are rare and valuable resources for small development teams.
Thanks for sharing those videos mosquitohater93, THE WIZARD DK, I found them interesting and a good reference
Quote from mosquitohater93 :This is the video OP shared if anyone missed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0TlRkNWheQ

You're right, LFS temp simulation is inaccurate. Videos like this are rare and valuable resources for small development teams.

Am i wrong in assuming that to be able to compare the video to the LFS temp simulation you would have to replicate it using the same setup of the tyre, such as camber and tyre inflation as both should alter which part of the tire heats up and how fast it heats up

Great video to watch btw along with the other ones posted on their channel

Overlay of Internal and External Tire Temperature
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG