The online racing simulator
Vr key bindings
(5 posts, started )
Vr key bindings
Hi there,
How can I map F8 (and space) to a button?
It might even be interesting to map a button to switch from 2D to 3D and vice versa.
I am noob at vr with 3 laps... So it might be stupid question.
May be I don't have to map F8 but something like /vrreset but I don't know the syntax...

OK I can bind /vr reset to a button by using ctrl fx function...

Space can be directly mapped to a button easy.
I wanted to make a thread about being able to customize the mapping for the VR Click (currently space). Every time I'm typing while leaning over my wheel I'm accidentally pressing OK, Cancel or special characters on the "T" text entry window because I'm pressing space to start a new word. To avoid it I have to deliberately look down while typing which is annoying during a situation where you need to focus on the road and type.

I should do that.
Quote from loopingz :Hi there,
How can I map F8 (and space) to a button?
It might even be interesting to map a button to switch from 2D to 3D and vice versa.
I am noob at vr with 3 laps... So it might be stupid question.

In Options - Controls screen, CTRL+ or ALT+ tab:

You can assign the text /vr reset to the wheel button, to replicate F8.
And assign the command /press space to map the space key to a button.

Let me know if that's not clear.

Quote from mbutcher :I wanted to make a thread about being able to customize the mapping for the VR Click (currently space). Every time I'm typing while leaning over my wheel I'm accidentally pressing OK, Cancel or special characters on the "T" text entry window because I'm pressing space to start a new word. To avoid it I have to deliberately look down while typing which is annoying during a situation where you need to focus on the road and type.

I won't get the VR headset out for a test right now, but I think you are saying that when the text box is visible, the cross hairs are also visible and the space key can then perform one of two functions. Either adding a space character to the text, or performing a 'click' if the cross hairs are over a button, which happens unexpectedly while typing unless you are careful about where you are looking. That does sound quite annoying.

I will try to remember this, I wonder if maybe there could be some kind of solution, without needing to reassign the space bar.
That's exactly it, and yes it can be annoying sometimes when I send half a sentence by accident.

If you don't want to reassign the space bar, maybe require a press and hold over the OK and Cancel buttons for 500ms. Maybe visualise this with a progress ring around the crosshair.

Vr key bindings
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG