The online racing simulator
Looking for people to make a plugin
Hi!! ^^

I have a new idea to make online race full of fair fights

I think more your are far away in first place, more you get low power to be caught with ease by the other. I think for LAN party with people not so used to drive, to get them stay together and reduce skill difference between drivers.

What do you think?

Smile
#2 - Racon
You can't reduce an individual car's power directly with InSim. There's a recently added packet (IS_HCP) to change intake restriction and ballast weight, but it applies to all cars of the type you set, not individual cars.

Instead, you could check their restriction when they join (IS_NPL) and spec them if they've not complied with an instruction to reduce their power/add weight manually.
What's fair on punishing successful drivers? Besides that, this "catch-up"/"rubberbanding" feature is the most hated thing in arcade racing games...

If you really want to artificially keep cars together, just ask faster drivers to slow down or deploy safety car every second lap.
#4 - Racon
Watch BTCC at Snetterton this weekend fella, then tell me that again Big grin
Quote from Racon :You can't reduce an individual car's power directly with InSim. There's a recently added packet (IS_HCP) to change intake restriction and ballast weight, but it applies to all cars of the type you set, not individual cars.

Instead, you could check their restriction when they join (IS_NPL) and spec them if they've not complied with an instruction to reduce their power/add weight manually.

Very nice, thanks
but it needs to be dynamically madeSchwitz

Quote from michal 1279 :What's fair on punishing successful drivers? Besides that, this "catch-up"/"rubberbanding" feature is the most hated thing in arcade racing games...

If you really want to artificially keep cars together, just ask faster drivers to slow down or deploy safety car every second lap.

Ok sure but nothing interesting to suggest? lol
Quote from rapapar :Ok sure but nothing interesting to suggest? lol

Actually, yes. Do multiple races with "success ballast" system instead - it doesnt require any plugin and drivers will know how big performance penalty they actually earned.
#7 - Racon
Quote from rapapar :but it needs to be dynamically madeSchwitz

Doh! Sorry, I thought you meant success ballast applied at the start of the race, rather than intake restriction applied live according to position.

PS: In-race diddling is not my cup of tea - I hope all you F1 fans enjoy it when/if they realise aero problems aren't solved with more aero Taped Shut Big grin

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG