The online racing simulator
#1 - lucaf
Multiplayer lobby chat aka Meeting Room
That thing that is above the server list. That no-one uses. Is there anyone who has ever used that chat?

Why not make it similar to rFactor chat: It opens automatically when you go to the server list. Meaning everyone who is browsing the list, is also visible in the chat. You can immediately see other people searching for fun and you can instantly chat with them.
That would be great, but perhaps have it open as soon as you start the game, in like a small sub menu.
With a option to disable it ofc.

Would bring allot of players closer to multiplayer, myself included.
Quote from JSHuiting :but perhaps have it open as soon as you start the game,

not really privacy friendly
Quote from cargame.nl :not really privacy friendly

How? It's just a chatroom, nobody sees what you're doing unless you type something in it.
#5 - Racon
Quote from JSHuiting :That would be great, but perhaps have it open as soon as you start the game, in like a small sub menu.

I'm an edge case, sure, but I see the things you see between starting LFS and choosing 'multiplayer' about once a month (only when a restart of LFS or the computer is needed).

It would need to be in with the server-list, I would think, in order to be visible most often. Perhaps it could be in both places, or functional in one place with a live preview in the other place. Plenty of options to play with if Scawen likes the general idea, anyway Smile
Quote from Racon :I'm an edge case, sure, but I see the things you see between starting LFS and choosing 'multiplayer' about once a month (only when a restart of LFS or the computer is needed).

It would need to be in with the server-list, I would think, in order to be visible most often. Perhaps it could be in both places, or functional in one place with a live preview in the other place. Plenty of options to play with if Scawen likes the general idea, anyway Smile

Yeah perhaps it shouldn't be right in your face when starting the game, but it could be a little bit more inviting then it is right now, a bit like a Discord server combined with the functions of LFSWorld that you're automatically part of, unless you don't want to ofc.

It would bring LFS players closer to eachother, and perhaps could contribute to more casual S1 and S2 racing servers, i'm sure there are allot of other licenced players who want to drive something else besides XFG XRG and FBM on airio servers all of the time, but contacting other players on the forum just for a casual 3 lap S1 race is really cumbersome, especially when you consider in time zones and what not.

Seeing who is online and who wants to race what class would be perfect.
Quote from JSHuiting :How? It's just a chatroom,

Had no time to reply but you answer it yourself already;
Quote from JSHuiting :Seeing who is online

a chatroom consists of seeing who joins and leaves the room and has an overview about which people are in the room. Then there are moderators because it certainly will be abused / spammed and what not.

Its all not so easy as it looks. There is just one person who can do all this and has no time. Its a nice suggestion though, but costs too much work. Someone else should code that kind of stuff.

Multiplayer lobby chat aka Meeting Room
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG