The online racing simulator
#1 - psy00
official 1 mod car slot in the car list
hello, i see a lot of quality car mods on the net that probably we'll never see in lfs and i wonder if Scawen can do 1 blank mod car slot on the car list, for offline and only for S3 version of the game
VOB mods and quality cannot exist in the same sentence, though perhaps with proper mod tools we could see some great mods getting made. And while Scawen and his folks do plan on releasing proper mod tools eventually, that's not going to happen in the near future, I'm afraid.
#3 - psy00
saw some videos on youtube and get excited with some nice car models, anyway hope we get the lighting update soon
#4 - BeNoM
Quote from CozmicDragon :VOB mods and quality cannot exist in the same sentence, though perhaps with proper mod tools we could see some great mods getting made. And while Scawen and his folks do plan on releasing proper mod tools eventually, that's not going to happen in the near future, I'm afraid.

The majority of the mods released in the past couple of years far exceed original LFS cars in terms of quality, the thinking of VOB mods being bad quality is outdated and correct 5-10 years ago but model, texture, sound, etc. quality in current mods are insane.
As working on my 3rd part of LFS car mods showcase video on YouTube I couldn't agree more with BeNoM - I've found 55+ high quality 'vob' mods.
#6 - lucaf
Official mod support for cars+tracks would be the final solution for lack of content.
Once the developers finish the graphics/physics update they will have more free time to add content. Big grin
Mods are ok, but when a official car or track is added - this is something different, it is better. Big grin
#8 - psy00
Maybe the next step after the updates will be electric cars? seems many other sims add them.
Quote from BeNoM :The majority of the mods released in the past couple of years far exceed original LFS cars in terms of quality, the thinking of VOB mods being bad quality is outdated and correct 5-10 years ago but model, texture, sound, etc. quality in current mods are insane.

That's because the models are taken straight from Forza usually.

OT:
There is so much more that goes into a good mod in any game than just a fancy 3D model.
Accurate scaling, wheel base, wheel track, weight, center of mass, moment of inertia, engine torque curve. Suspension geometry stuff like caster, scrub radius, camber gain, bump-steer. And probably alot more stuff.
Basically, any game with community mod support ends up with a bunch of very inaccurate cars. Just because the car looks the same doesn't make it the same. I rather leave it to someone with a serious attention to detail.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :im thinking mod car editor made by LFS devs as this question keeps popping up year after year about having .VOB cars in LFS. if Devs have a mod editor you would more or less be able to mix your faved cars up to one, as is the LFS way of other cars like XFG, which i believe is an Fiat Uno/Citroen C1. meaning its half n half of each. that i think could be highly interesting to see what people come up with of weird creations.

i was actually thinking this thought to some kind of Talk program via LFS of maybe even inside LFS like discord or teamspeak so you dont need other applications running to get the full monty of LFS.
that i think also should be made by Devs so it would be equal to all and legit to use with LFS. could maybe run on a secondary LFS Master server just for that.

What if LFS was an operating system that you could install and boot directly into LFS.

LFS would implement a file browser, a web browser, maybe even a graphics editing program that implements all the features of Photoshop.
There are some teams with high quality paid and free mods like ASR Formula Team,unitedracingdesign and others, it doesnt have to be only simple one person mods.

I don't say that i don't like the cars in lfs, they are fantastic but many people want to see real cars, maybe with a Kickstarter style funding we'll get there but the thing that halt this is the new physics release ofcourse.
Quote from psy00 :There are some teams with high quality paid and free mods like ASR Formula Team,unitedracingdesign and others, it doesnt have to be only simple one person mods.

I don't say that i don't like the cars in lfs, they are fantastic but many people want to see real cars, maybe with a Kickstarter style funding we'll get there but the thing that halt this is the new physics release ofcourse.

I only care for real cars if I know they're authentic in every aspect. If you want a load of real car mods with questionable accuracy, there are many options that might be better suited for you than LFS.

Kickstarter is completely unnecessary since LFS is already selling content bundles.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :erhm. not sure what youre on about here.

but i guess if LFS was a web browser with those features you mention, im sure it atleast would work...

I'm just throwing out suggestions on the same wavelength as yours.

official 1 mod car slot in the car list
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG