The online racing simulator
After racing assetto corsa and iracing
And some rfactor2....I'm ready for my all time favorite driving sim...the most hardcore....

LFS

with the proper setup and everything this sim is still worth every penny.

All we need now are more people to race...seriously this takes a dump on everything else, but was just too extreme for people to keep racing.....now we should all buy s3 and start it up again.

ps im noticing I can't really feel bumps in the road compared to the others...t300 here are there good settings I should change it to?
Ffb in lfs is bad comparing to assetto/iracing. Cant really do anything to improve here.
It's not bad, it just misses out on a few ripple strippes, especially at Aston, and again bumps in the road. Other than that its very realistic.
#4 - Racon
From what I've read about how it works, I would have thought FFB would be better in LFS than others. Myself, I've not been surprised by anything the FFB does in any situation in LFS and I can't say the same for any other sim despite very minimal usage. Too quick to judge soundly, no doubt, and there's nothing specific I can put my finger on, but first impressions and all that Smile

One thing I do miss from a previous, crappy wheel I had was rumble. This was some thrustmaster/ferrari thing with no FFB (bungee cords for an always-on centering force, yay), but had a rumble motor. Made a world of difference when feeling for an apex when you're looking past the exit.

Perhaps there is the possibility of an option to exaggerate the force of FFB when it is changing rapidly, like a force multiplier based on a very short history of change rate. I would guess that would effectively make a rumble-like effect on curbs, but who knows if it would really work like that, or what else it might screw up. Just thinking aloud Smile

Blackrabbi: Have you tried fiddling with the castor angle of your set? You can dial FFB force in and out with setups, but especially castor angle. Higher force might help you feel the bumps.
The FFB is good in project cars when using jack spade ffb settings. I am constantly altering in LFS to find a sweet spot for myself

@racon The ferrari 458 italia wheel, if so i think the tension they put using the bungee cord was perfect, my 70 year old dad went back to using one from a g27.
iRacing FFB is miles ahead of everything else I've tried, shame about the price.
#7 - lucaf
Quote from theblackrabbi :

ps im noticing I can't really feel bumps in the road compared to the others...t300 here are there good settings I should change it to?

Is this because the lack of bumps, or because difference in FFB? Do you feel the bumps at Rockingham oval T3, or Blackwood GP at braking of long straight? Those are the latest tracks in LFS...

Maybe we will have bumpier tracks in 0.7?
Quote from k_badam :iRacing FFB is miles ahead of everything else I've tried, shame about the price.

And thats what I-Racing so bad, i would not say it was much better than in project cars 2 when set correctly but saying that i tried I-Racing once and never liked it before i had even had the chance to race

Its certainly not worth a subscription too play as graphically its no better than a.c, and p.cars 1 is better never mind p.cars 2 but realism for the driving i would not be able to judge due to not having drove i-racing that much compared to the others
#9 - gu3st
Quote from bishtop :And thats what I-Racing so bad, i would not say it was much better than in project cars 2 when set correctly but saying that i tried I-Racing once and never liked it before i had even had the chance to race

Its certainly not worth a subscription too play as graphically its no better than a.c, and p.cars 1 is better never mind p.cars 2 but realism for the driving i would not be able to judge due to not having drove i-racing that much compared to the others

The cost is basically to pay to race against other drivers. You can't really get that regularly in a diverse set of cars/tracks in any other sim.
I thought it has been shown that you can easily do that in a.c. It is not as bad while they currently have the 50% of deal which takes it to $99.50 for 2 years
Quote from k_badam :iRacing FFB is miles ahead of everything else I've tried, shame about the price.

Ever tried Automobilista? Top tier FFB from what I hear, don't have a wheel at the moment to compare myself.
LFS has a very clean and functional FFB.

Most other sims are, in my opinion, too overloaded and sensational.

At LFS you get even as a beginner almost immediately first successes. For all the others, I have to work myself in as a practiced one each time.

Lfs feels more natural to me.
Quote from BeNoM :Ever tried Automobilista? Top tier FFB from what I hear, don't have a wheel at the moment to compare myself.

Yes I have, it's good, i'd make it 2nd place. Not close to iRacing though.
I always put LFS' ffb down to the tracks, they're way too smooth. The only reason iRacing's ffb feels better is because the tracks are all laser scanned and the bumps and dips are much more noticeable. This isn't to say LFS' force feedback is bad, take the updated Blackwood for instance, at the end of the straights where it's bumpy, the ffb is actually working quite well.

Just me?
Quote from BeNoM :Ever tried Automobilista? Top tier FFB from what I hear, don't have a wheel at the moment to compare myself.

its rubbish honestly. might have potential for the future it reminds me of netkar
As far as I remember, teh main difference in FFB is that LFS does not try to emulate vibration through the wheel, only turning forces, and this is why rumble strips etc feel different. Neither is wrong, but LFS is technically more "pure" here.
From what I gather yes the FFB was made more for my first wheel which was a momo, as well as other wheels from a long time ago. You had to turn down the strength and to be honest I never really LOVED the FFB on LFS, but while racing and getting used to the cars it became something I enjoyed a lot.

We used to have great races around Kyoto Oval...one dude had like over a million laps...it was funny as hell cause he'd race like ever oval race...seriously the guy didn't have a life - no comment.

Either way it wasn't perfect but it was damn near impossible to just pick up and race without crashing - the physics were what got me the most. until that LFS came out we had a bunch of other sims at the time, but none were really that special IMO. Then live for speed comes out with S2 and changes the damn game.

Lots of people used to race on here...lots of great sanctioned races....we were all making our own skins...had teams...it was pretty damn good at the time.

And all of this had to do with a racing sim with a handful of tracks/more configs and just about every pair or triples of racing cars you could want.

Want to race in the GTR cars....check - slower front and rear drive race cars...check......the kart like racecar...check......

Nothing will come close to LFS and how great it used to be lol.

Iracing is great, and if I wasn't so cheap I'd reup my membership and race on the cars and tracks I have...already bought like 60+ cars and tracks on there.

yeah the FFB sucks compared to the newer games/wheels, but actually not really just turn down the forces allot - i know it sucks....

but what other sim do the cars stick to the pavement as realistic as LFS? i mean yes they have gotten great at what they do on the other newer sims...but nothing captures that moment when I fired up LFS for my first time and thought...damn that car behaves like the one I'm driving at home!

Not to mention when you change the car setups you can actually feel the difference....I haven't felt much of anything from any of these other sims when it comes to setups.....

If LFS was smart they'd get in on this SIM revolution and update the FFB to current standards...

end of the day when you have a great race with people online - the FFB and everything else is kinda second thought.....

oh yeah VR mirrors work Smile good luck on most other sims getting that right lol

one thing I'll end with is this....only after I passed all the tests on LFS was I really competent with pushing these cars..LFS don't mess around.

I can't make it past 10 minutes in that game - the FFB is just not what I expect it to be. Physics aren't' that much better either.

IRACING

Assetto Corsa

Rfactor2 for a few months

LFS - never but it used to be the shiz

PC2 - AB2 and those other sims whatever - like who cares....they are one step above simcade playstation games..IMO
Quote from bishtop :And that's what I-Racing so bad, i would not say it was much better than in project cars 2 when set correctly but saying that i tried I-Racing once and never liked it before i had even had the chance to race

how do you just try it once if you buy a subscription for a month or two and get to race in uncountable races per day?

just saying I've done about 2 thousand plus official races on iracing

you get what you pay for sometimes and iracing is no different...you pay to race on their fast servers, not some random persons server halfway around the world..

iracing is the only serious sim around today that you can pickup and race any time of the day....oval, drift and road..

if you think it's too expensive you obviously don't have a car or live anywhere that you spend a 100 bucks a week or more on travel.

I'd rather pay a quality sim I can just pickup and race than ones I will only race idiots for the most part.

just saying maybe give it another chance.
I am using the FFB enhancer created by juls. It has changed the feel of the cars on the track for me.

It's not perfect but with it lfs ffb is far superior to all the other sims.

I think that's because the standard ffb in lfs is already very good. It need some little tricks like this one.

Check my other thread.
Quote from Mikus1212 :Ffb in lfs is bad comparing to assetto/iracing. Cant really do anything to improve here.

Not true at least not AC think LFS even better Shrug

Think u stuck on mouse in LFS Wink
Quote from adirany :I am using the FFB enhancer created by juls. It has changed the feel of the cars on the track for me.

It's not perfect but with it lfs ffb is far superior to all the other sims.

I think that's because the standard ffb in lfs is already very good. It need some little tricks like this one.

Check my other thread.

that ffb enhancer is just what LFS needs! Wow good stuff. Really feel the grip/tires on the road, and road so much better. It's not perfect but wow it's real.
And it is in an experimental stade only.

If only Scawen can apply on it some of his magic it will be the best add-on to lfs.

I am curious to know how many lfs users are using it.
Quote from RC-Maus :Not true at least not AC think LFS even better Shrug

Think u stuck on mouse in LFS Wink

I've been driving fox with wheel, even got decent hotlap time on some track Smile

After racing assetto corsa and iracing
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG