The online racing simulator
Best movie maker software
(31 posts, started )
Hi guys basically i want to get into the LFS movie making scene but all i have is Windows movie maker, basically i want 1 with lots of features but also quite user friendly (easy to use UI and stuff) cheers guys!
Whats wrong with using Windows movie maker?.

Dan,
Quote from danowat :Whats wrong with using Windows movie maker?.

Dan,

I just presumed WMM was very basic like Mspaint is to adobe PS? i havent actually used it properly yet.
Hmm,

The better programs for this are Sony Video Vegas and Adobe Premiere imo
WMM is perfectly fine really, its free and does most of what you need, without spending lots on Vegas or Premiere.

Dan,
£15 for Premiere off eBay with activation codes and all. Lots?
Also just to add before people say "Oh well you probarbly don't get it, you get just a box". The user had 100% positive feedback.
Quote from nutty boy :£15 for Premiere off eBay with activation codes and all. Lots?
Also just to add before people say "Oh well you probarbly don't get it, you get just a box". The user had 100% positive feedback.

For a hooky copy?, yep

Dan,
Please explain 'hooky copy' more.
An illegal copy id have thought, you may aswell have downloaded it from torrent for free and copied it to a disk (basically what he's doing and selling them for 15 smackooneys) if i've understood hooky copy correctly
#10 - joen
He probably means those copies are obtained in a not so legal way.

Anyway, whitey is looking for a program with lots of features. WMM doesn't really meet that requirement imo, but it's pretty ok to make movies if you don't want them too complicated. But it's compression options are too limited imo.

If you really want lots of options your choices are quite limited, as these programs are usually very expensive.
Quote from joen :If you really want lots of options your choices are quite limited, as these programs are usually very expensive.

Theres nothing to stop you outputting as a normal AVI and then converting and compressing it using VirtualDub, but it is fair to say WMM is shite.
#12 - joen
Quote from the_angry_angel :Theres nothing to stop you outputting as a normal AVI and then converting and compressing it using VirtualDub, but it is fair to say WMM is shite.

Correct, but that's just extra steps I prefer to skip And if you're making a long/big video saving it uncompressed first will take up big chunks of your HD.
Although I have to be fair and say Premiere doesn't really shine in that department either.

But even if you want to use WMV, Premiere has more options for that too.
Hey, WMM is good enough for me. I can still make kick ass movies with it. (you've never seen any of my movies but I can assure you they're kick ass )
I use Ulead Media Studio Pro v2.5 (Yep, v2.5, there's a v9 or something now - but money is money) and I recently bought Adobe Premiere (which is why I have v2.5 of Media Studio Pro). Out of the two I prefer the older Media Studio, but my version is so old it only supports files up to 2gb so is limited.
Do you use them for LFS movie purposes. If so have you made any or plan on making any. If you do let me know where I can get them from. I always like to see the movies that the known people on the lfs community make compared to Kranhold, who has 7 posts and makes mind blowing movies.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
#16 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :Please explain 'hooky copy' more.

hooky - illegal

like the £25 OEM XP Pro's on eBay
What's OEM XP Pro
Quote from Thommm :Hmm,

The better programs for this are Sony Video Vegas and Adobe Premiere imo

Vegas 6.0 is great, and I got the hang of it fairly quick. Haven't tried Premier yet...
#19 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :What's OEM XP Pro

XP Pro, but without a box, it is suposed to be supplied with a new pc only, you get a little book and a slip case for the CD
Quote from Jakg :XP Pro, but without a box, it is suposed to be supplied with a new pc only, you get a little book and a slip case for the CD

You can buy OEM windows if you buy enough hardware at the same time. I think the limit is three other items at least
#21 - Jakg
Quote from Hyperactive :You can buy OEM windows if you buy enough hardware at the same time. I think the limit is three other items at least

really? i remember the old savastore (uk pc etailer) catalogue made you buy a case fan with it or else you werent allowed to
Quote from Jakg :really? i remember the old savastore (uk pc etailer) catalogue made you buy a case fan with it or else you werent allowed to

It may be also that different stores have slightly different rules about it. Some go by the "three other items" while others make you buy a whole new computer...
I used Nero Vision 7 recently to make a nice dvd with menus from a smattering of AVIs. I didn't use the video editing and movie making features very much, so I can't really comment on the completeness of that department but it did let me adjust the bitrate of the final project to either fit a certain size or to any arbitrary number I wanted. That made me happy.
Quote from Hyperactive :It may be also that different stores have slightly different rules about it. Some go by the "three other items" while others make you buy a whole new computer...

The OEM rules are set by Microsoft. If you buy an OEM Windows version take a look at the CD... It says "Only to be sold with a new PC" on it.

As for video editing software:
May I recommend MainActor and MainVision from MainConcepts? Great programs, especially when used in combination with Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
#25 - Jakg
define "new", my pc is full of second hand bits, but to me its new

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG