The online racing simulator
No March progress report
(70 posts, closed, started )
Quote from RC-Maus :+ many off my steam friends never heard off LFS.

@Scawen: as Valve is preparing to launch their own VR headset, maybe you can check with them, how badly they would want to go out of their common legal work to meet your needs for some kind of inclusion...

I think I see like more issues with this (IMO it's very unlikely this will work for both sides), but who knows...
From the "leaked" info it doesn't seem Valve has any strong SW lineup for it, which I'm a bit puzzled with, how they want to push that HW, and maybe they can at least somehow add demo version as some kind of "check if it works with this", etc... even if you don't enter steam directly.

Also it means you will have to check VR version against new HW soon, maybe they can send you some unit at least. Smile
Quote from MadCatX :Just FYI: Neither of the videos play for me on an iPhone with iOS 12.1.4, regardless of the browser. I guess it is a codec issue.

I've uploaded the video to YouTube now: https://youtu.be/VHKQrISFTpI

Quote from Ped7g :@Scawen: as Valve is preparing to launch their own VR headset, maybe you can check with them, how badly they would want to go out of their common legal work to meet your needs for some kind of inclusion...

I think I see like more issues with this (IMO it's very unlikely this will work for both sides), but who knows...
From the "leaked" info it doesn't seem Valve has any strong SW lineup for it, which I'm a bit puzzled with, how they want to push that HW, and maybe they can at least somehow add demo version as some kind of "check if it works with this", etc... even if you don't enter steam directly.

Also it means you will have to check VR version against new HW soon, maybe they can send you some unit at least. Smile

I'm sure their headset will work with all the software currently designed to run on OpenVR / SteamVR so I suppose they don't really need to do anything?

I suppose we are now at the point where it's just a new headset with some new specifications. A bit like a company that produces a new car. They don't need to build any new roads to promote the car. Big grin
I don't think so from market point of view, but I'm not an expert, it's just my gut feeling that they will need some SW incentive to even sell this.

Anyway, that's not your problem, but you can still check what *you* can get out of this for yourself... Smile
Like asking at least for one free unit for testing is probably no brainer. Smile Getting even some exposure in some way may be nice too. If they don't push any SW lineup, you can very likely even hijack it, just releasing some youtube videos/etc at proper timing with good keywords may bring some extra exposure then. Maybe like at least asking some of the people previously testing LFS VR (Gamer's muscle?) to do another check how LFS works with "Index", to give them nudge that LFS still exists.

Also by "Valve's time" definition, Index may come out just a while around your new graphics update, so you can get probably some "synergy" kick out of it. Although I wouldn't want to be the person trying to synchronize two events from Valve's and Scavier's timelines... Big grin
Could also ad a variable for headlight shake, older cars headlights are lose and flop around... this could be increased as the car takes damage to the point it falls out, or shines into the trees. lol
wow !! brillant ! Love it !
Very nice Thumbs up
Very promising, I heard some games now use normal map on clouds to simulate sun light volumetric diffuse on them, maybe it's worth investigate in the future.
Wow, sunset has a great feeling attached to it, well done. Love these 13-sec long snippets Smile One thing I noticed (as did lfsrm before me): the Sun seems to be in front of the clouds, but I guess this is on the to-do list already. Serious progress!
Nice work! Big grin
Looks really sweet ! Smile
Nice Tease in the tease also. the third cloud definitely uses the new Physics update.
wow, this start to look like there are some plans... <3
Quote from MandulAA :Wow, sunset has a great feeling attached to it, well done. Love these 13-sec long snippets Smile One thing I noticed (as did lfsrm before me): the Sun seems to be in front of the clouds, but I guess this is on the to-do list already. Serious progress!

Transparency isn't much of a problem, but as I said making clouds following sun position in term of lightning is not as simple as it sound.

But I guess for Scawen those graphical improvement isn't much of a challenge compared to tyres physics. Tilt
Absolutely Amazing... I wish i could drive now on the new Autocross with these Light Settings Smile
Quote from Stölzel :Absolutely Amazing... I wish i could drive now on the new Autocross with these Light Settings Smile

Patience is teasing us Smile
dayum!
Quote from Scawen :Dear Racers,

Sorry but we aren't ready for a progress report this month.

Eric has been working on Kyoto and I have been working on the lighting system.

Progress is good and we are really on the case.

My head is quite scrambled from the work so thanks for your patience!

Scawen

EDIT: See below a video of a lighting experiment at Aston.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1947087#post1947087

What about April Progress Report?
Clear day dynamique skybox ? :o
This thread is closed

No March progress report
(70 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG