The online racing simulator
Just purchase S3
(12 posts, started )
Just purchase S3
So I just purchased S3 so I could play Rockingham.
Car just sits there in limbo... terrible terrible lag... unplayable.

All S2 tracks play just fine except for Blackwood it lags as well.

Any ideas.
#2 - BeNoM
It sounds like it might be time to upgrade your PC, what's your specs?
I figured that might be the case.
Are the minimum or recommended specs listed somewhere?
#4 - Ped7g
https://www.lfs.net/downloads

OS requirements
LFS works on both 32 and 64 bit Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10).

Minimum computer requirements
2 GHz CPU, 256 MB memory, DirectX 9 capable 3D graphics card.

Recommended computer requirements
3 GHz CPU, 1024 MB memory,
3D graphics card with at least 512MB memory.
LFS is mostly CPU dependent due to its physics calculations.
A full multiplayer grid requires a fast CPU more than a fast GPU.

I'm not sure, if they updated it since new Blackwood and Rockingham versions, or these are still with the old tracks on mind. Never mind, I actually read them just now, and this "minimum" can't be right for the revamped Blackwood, probably even the "oldest" revamp of Westwood will give hard time to such PC.

Then again, there's new graphics engine in the works, which will basically move the whole game like ~1-3 generations ahead in the PC-game-tech world, so what is now minimum to run new Blackwood, may be not enough after the next big patch. Although if you are already running new Blackwood smoothly, the extra performance hit of new patch may be not that big... (who knows, there will certainly be some period of test patches before the final release, when you will be able to test).

But I bet Scawen want to stay strong in VR, so I guess the "minimum" specs coming with VR headsets should cover LFS even after the patch. Those are often quite powerful machines, so for non-VR you can use even something weaker, but if you can get those VR minimum specs, you should be safe with LFS for next couple of years.
#5 - lucaf
Quote from ZedExx :I figured that might be the case.
Are the minimum or recommended specs listed somewhere?

This is a weird question since you are just benchmarking the minimum. Tell us your hardware, and we answer you how you should upgrade it. (If you are on old laptop - rip)
Its a HP desktop P4 3Ghz 3GB ram
And whatever Intel video chipset is standard.
Would this do the job ?
HP Elite 8200 Desktop Intel Core i5 2400 3.1GHz 4GB RAM 250GB HDD DVD Win 10 Pro
Integrated/On-Board Graphics Integrated Intel HD Graphics 2500
#8 - lucaf
It will. Make sure its a tower chassis, will be easier to find GPU upgrade in the future when LFS will upgrade its graphics.

However if you upgrade to DDR3 generation, I would personally choose an universal non branded pc using 1150 intel socket motherboard, 1150 has better CPU upgrades than 1155 (that is the case with i5 2400). Tho 1150 mb's are harder to find/bit more expensive. How much you should pay for that HP?
Think he just needs a dedicated GPU not some integrated cpu gpu.

Not sure if those minimum specs still correct Shrug
But do you think it is worth to buy dedicated gpu into that ancient Pentium 4? Actually it is worth to research if the current motherboard supports core2 processors. Then it would be just cheap cpu+gpu upgrade.
I know LFS runs great on old P4 single core with dedicated 512MB card.

I also have 2 laptops i3 3rd gen 1 with intel hd and one with radeon HD5145 512 MB both full HD screen. The one with intel hd gives arround 11 FPS and the radeon gives between 60 and 100 FPS.
Quote from lucaf :But do you think it is worth to buy dedicated gpu into that ancient Pentium 4? Actually it is worth to research if the current motherboard supports core2 processors. Then it would be just cheap cpu+gpu upgrade.

Actually I think many peeps give away those old PC's just look arround (try to get one with PCIe and put a cheap GPU in it)

Just purchase S3
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG