The online racing simulator
two direction checkpoint
(14 posts, started )
two direction checkpoint
the layout are support 1 direction to cross the check point, however, the DTM show race & ROC 2018 are start at opposite direction, I hope that it would have a choice to set a two direction checkpointSmile

#2 - Racon
If you use split 1 and 3, you can have them in the same place in opposite directions without people being able to cheat the lap. If you use route check points, you can use any/all splits like that.

The track you've posted above could be done like this, with what we've got already: split1 and finish line in the same place, opposite directions, and two route checkers in each of the loops. (just one needed to enforce the loop being driven, or use two to also enforce the direction the loop is taken).

The cars having to start in the same direction would be the only limitation, I think, but I prefer that way anyway Smile
Quote from Racon :If you use split 1 and 3, you can have them in the same place in opposite directions without people being able to cheat the lap. If you use route check points, you can use any/all splits like that.

The track you've posted above could be done like this, with what we've got already: split1 and finish line in the same place, opposite directions, and two route checkers in each of the loops. (just one needed to enforce the loop being driven, or use two to also enforce the direction the loop is taken).

The cars having to start in the same direction would be the only limitation, I think, but I prefer that way anyway Smile

sorry I can't understand.... any example? how to finish with opposite directions?
#4 - Racon
Sorry, I said 'start' but I meant 'start and finish' in the same direction.
Quote from Racon :Sorry, I said 'start' but I meant 'start and finish' in the same direction.

any example?Confused
I haven't tried it (famous words!), but it might be possible using the InSim controls in the AutoX editor.

Using Start Position 1 and the normal checkpoints and finish line from the 'control' menu one way, and Start Position 2 and then Insim checkpoints and finish line from the 'marshall' menu the other way.

Place mobile Start Lights facing in opposite directions, and you should be good to go!

Course, does rely on you using an InSim program to get it working.
Attached images
LFS 2 way start.png
Do you have a link to the 2 way ROC track layout?

Looked online, but can't find any.
#8 - Racon
I did a quick test, but route checkers don't work how I thought they did - when you edit the id, it reorders them all so you can't have two with the same id. Still, that part is doable in insim as sinanju says.
Attached files
BL4_roctest.lyt - 732 B - 201 views
Changing Racon's layout so ImSim checkpoints are used would look like attached.

Put 2 cars on track, then Shift R to start race.

Haven't tested it in either 2 person mode, or with InSim.
Attached files
BL4_roctest_Sinanju.lyt - 860 B - 197 views
Quote from sinanju :Changing Racon's layout so ImSim checkpoints are used would look like attached.

Put 2 cars on track, then Shift R to start race.

Haven't tested it in either 2 person mode, or with InSim.

it won't work for meConfused
Managed to find copy of track layout ...

Attached images
Mexico 2019 RoC Track.png
Quote from scania :it won't work for meConfused

I tried it by myself without InSim and it worked ok. LFS just treats it like an AutoX layout, with driver placed in a start position, timed splits when you cross the checkpoints, and a lap time when you cross the finish line.
Quote from sinanju :I tried it by myself without InSim and it worked ok. LFS just treats it like an AutoX layout, with driver placed in a start position, timed splits when you cross the checkpoints, and a lap time when you cross the finish line.

no, it wont splits Confused
Quote from sinanju :I tried it by myself without InSim and it worked ok. LFS just treats it like an AutoX layout, with driver placed in a start position, timed splits when you cross the checkpoints, and a lap time when you cross the finish line.

Quote from scania :no, it wont splits Confused

Just finished trying the layout with normal autox and insim autox checkpoints etc.

Only did the 'normal' part of the track, and everything worked as it should.

Short video on YouTube

Left garage as normal, spawned off track, restarted race to put me on track layout, then did the short lap. During the lap, all 3 checkpoint times appeared, as did the lap time when I finished the lap.

Assuming you can get InSim commands worked out correctly, I see no reason why other side of track won't work either.

I might put together a better course to try this at later date. I'll need to make short LFSLapper script for the InSim checkpoints to go with it, to get it working.

two direction checkpoint
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG