The online racing simulator
Settings for custom/interior views and FFB settings linked to the car used
I did not find a thread discussing about these topics, so forgive me if they were already existing.

After playing with T's test patches (now U), I noticed something I did not pay so much attention up to now but would make life easier for me (at least), so do not hesitate to share your points.

As per the title :

1- I admit to use (in the time) a custom view showing only the hood of the car (even if I am now playing with in car view to test the "lock to horizon" filtered mode, but it may change). This is quite convenient for cars, but not for formula's/MRT where the inside view is far more interesting and is not reducing what the driver is seeing compare to other type of cars. Here is coming the improvement wished : as per the first snapshot attached, you can customize your view settings per car, but the default view to be chosen between "in car" and "custom" is a global parameter applied to all cars => I would like this parameter to apply either globally OR to each car individually.

2- Same goes for the FFB setting. For my personnal taste, if I am taking a ride with the FZ50, I have to use a FFB setting of 18 to get something feeling ok. If I change to an LX, 18 is by far too light (FFB computed in LFS is probably taking into account the weight and/or the tire width (what is clearly correct from my point of view) and then a parameter of 27 is to be used to have some noticeable nice feedbacks => I would like this parameter to apply either globally OR to each car individually (and not in setup screen of course where I am sure everyone is having his own special parameters linked to the hardware and feeling of his own.
Attached images
lfs_00000105.jpg
lfs_00000106.jpg
Here's an answer for FFB settings:

-Go to [LFS folder]\data\script\
-Open script files with notepad and set FF value to your liking.

Example for LX4.lfs:
Quote :// This script is run when you select the LX4

run road
ff 30

edit:Il n'y a pas de quoi.
looks nice, going to get a look into this. Thanks !
Ok, so now I am a bit more interested on those famous scripts, and the bible is located under \docs\Commands.txt.
ff is indeed setting the strength and is working like a charm.
I am then seeing "/view [fol/heli/cam/driver/custom] - select view"
==> it is not working for me (while the command line is working Thumbs up ). I will try to get some helps in the correct subforum ...

edit : corrected by 0.6U2 Thumbs up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG