The online racing simulator
New full version today - please test the updated gearshift code
Hi, I've made a "last day change" that makes me quite nervous.

It's supposed to improve (and simplify) the way the "gearshift debounce" works. Some people still got an extra shift when releasing the shift button, and this change should solve that.

So, anyone who uses a wheel or controller, please can you try Test Patch T7 and let us know if it works fine?

Gearshift debounce setting has been reset to 40 ms so you may need to adjust that if you have problematic gearshift buttons.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93144
No, the sort of thing this change can fix is when people get a double shift from a single press of a button or lever. It happens because the switch on some controllers reports off->on->off->on instead of just off->on, so LFS has to deal with that.

Actually that case was already dealt with. The new code also should deal with the opposite case when the button or lever is released. Instead of going on->off the switch goes on->off->on->off and LFS should now deal with that correctly.

The issue you linked to, it's the first time I've ever heard of it. It would be good if someone could remind me of it when we are doing physics updates.
I don't really know what you mean. Are you saying there is a bug?

The issue I am talking about, that debounce code should prevent, is for when you press a controller button once and you get multiple gearshifts (due to switch bouncing, not an LFS bug).
Think he went on T6 with auto gears setup and shifting manual Wink
OK, I'm going to assume this isn't a new bug and isn't related to the slight change to debounce code.

If it's an old 'feature' that is unchanged then that is not really for me to look at today.
I just don't understand why use auto gears and then shift manual Shrug

Thats asking for problems.
I love the horizon view! It makes the driving feel more alive so to speak. While this has been availible as an addon for quite a while it's nice to see it make its way into the game officially.
Working fine here, Scawen. Go for it. Love the filtered view!
I have an almost 7 years old DFGT with slightly damaged upshift button,I mean it works,just the feedback click is gone totally soft and I have doubleshift sometimes. Today tested this testpatch,set to 100ms gearshift debounce,didn't had a single doubleshift in the rally event. So for me seems like the problem is fixed.
This thread is closed

New full version today - please test the updated gearshift code
(10 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG